GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Strat also doesn't do stage 1 and stage 2 tunes, unless low output is stage 1 and high output is stage 2. Their tunes are based on your mods, so there's nothing at all that's required.
this.

If you wanted a "Stage 2" tune from stratified you would just need a down-pipe and that would be the equivalent to what stage 2 is with other tuners for the most part.

They dont do a stage program though, you will fill out a form with your mods and they tune it accordingly.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Strat also doesn't do stage 1 and stage 2 tunes, unless low output is stage 1 and high output is stage 2. Their tunes are based on your mods, so there's nothing at all that's required.

Right. I was curious because I'm running the Cobb Stage 2 stock maf tune until the Stratified tune gets here.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Installed my downpipe last night. I flashed the Cobb stage 2 map until I receive my tune from Stratified. I should have all the supporting mods for stage 2 but I've read conflicting opinions if a stage 2 intake pipe is needed. I just have the P-Flo stage 1 section but Cobb recommends a full stage 2 air intake. Guys have said on the forums that a stage 2 tune runs fine with just the stock air box. Just a little confusing I guess.

I also just installed my downpipe and i noticed with the cobb stage 2 ots i keep getting a p2015 code for Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor Range Performance. Then i switched to my stratified etune "stage1" the code does now appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldtype2

Ready to race!
I also just installed my downpipe and i noticed with the cobb stage 2 ots i keep getting a p2015 code for Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor Range Performance. Then i switched to my stratified etune "stage1" the code does now appear.

Not sure on that.

I just went start it after the Cobb stage 2 ots, it didn't throw any codes but didn't run right. Almost like misfires but really loud on the air intake (scary) Flashed it back to stock and did the same thing and then smoothed out and runs fine now.

What the heck happened?

It ran fine with the new downpipe on stage 1 high boost.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Not sure on that.

I just went start it after the Cobb stage 2 ots, it didn't throw any codes but didn't run right. Almost like misfires but really loud on the air intake (scary) Flashed it back to stock and did the same thing and then smoothed out and runs fine now.

What the heck happened?

Mine didn't appear until i drove it for about 60miles. And thats weird i haven't ran into that problem. Did you upgrade your spark plugs and coil pack? Maybe you also need a carbon cleaning

oldtype2

Ready to race!
Mine didn't appear until i drove it for about 60miles. And thats weird i haven't ran into that problem. Did you upgrade your spark plugs and coil pack? Maybe you also need a carbon cleaning

Brand new R8 coilpacks and plugs, new gfb dv+ and p-flow air intake. Maybe it does need a carbon cleaning but it's run perfect and no codes for the last year.

It just did this after installing the stage 2 map from Cobb.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Brand new R8 coilpacks and plugs, new gfb dv+ and p-flow air intake. Maybe it does need a carbon cleaning but it's run perfect and no codes for the last year.

It just did this after installing the stage 2 map from Cobb.

Yup I have the same setup as you do. Maybe its just a carbon cleaning, i dont think that theres any code that appears for that, correct me if im wrong. But i have heard that people experience misfires even after they've replaced their coilpack and plugs

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Can this tune be used with the APR DSG tune?

Also how much would it cost to ship to the UK?

I am fairly convinced to get this but another part of me says not to waste monies as i already have a tune on my car...

Shipping to the UK is 35USD. And yes it will work with the APR DSG tune.

Not sure on that.

What the heck happened?

This is normal after a reflash as the intake manifold runner flapper goes through a range of motion the first time you start. It will only happen the first time you restart after a flash.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
This is normal after a reflash as the intake manifold runner flapper goes through a range of motion the first time you start. It will only happen the first time you restart after a flash.

Thanks Alex so much for clarifying that, I thought I screwed my car up. It's running great now.

Just got the flash tune from you and should have it installed tomorrow!

Doritodan

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Alex so much for clarifying that, I thought I screwed my car up. It's running great now.

Just got the flash tune from you and should have it installed tomorrow!

so that's what it was??? I'm having the same issue you had. After the initial start, have the starts after ran normal???

oldtype2

Ready to race!
so that's what it was??? I'm having the same issue you had. After the initial start, have the starts after ran normal???

It starts normal now. The first few times it stuttered and made noises I shut it off right away. After I let it run through the issue it seems to have corrected itself.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
It starts normal now. The first few times it stuttered and made noises I shut it off right away. After I let it run through the issue it seems to have corrected itself.

I also want to add. If you warm the car first then flash, it is less crazy than flashing and cold starting

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

oldtype2

Ready to race!
I also want to add. If you warm the car first then flash, it is less crazy than flashing and cold starting

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice, thanks for the info. I'll try that tomorrow when flashing the Stratified tune.

nagokart

Ready to race!
My idle RPM drops when my A/C is off. Can someone confirm this with their cars? I always thought my idle RPM was consistent whether the A/C was on or off.