GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SW Florida 10 CW

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Nice build so far man. You should come out to the united euros meet in boca on Thursday nights.. It's right behind the ale house on yamato.. Bunch of chill ppl and nice cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Avenue autosports is a pretty awesome place, they did my stage one flash for only $40 of labor and upgraded me to stage 2 and vag con tweaks for free. How do you like that twintercooler with the heat down here? Help alot with heatsoak in the summer or is it not very noticeable.

Yep, good guys for sure. Lovin the Forge twintercooler! really feel the pull, especially towards the upper RPMs.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Hood and Front bumper fix-redo

Hood and Front bumper fix-redo. After closer inspection, was not real happy with initial body work done on the front bumper and hood. While getting the rear done, I had new bodyshop redo the front work.
One thing I wanted was the seam sealer on the hood carried forward to look factory.

This guy really knows his custom body work. Costs more, but really looks better. Should have shopped better first go round.

jarlaxle

Passed Driver's Ed
Incredible build, I am thoroughly impressed. :clap:

I am thinking hard about buying those wheels for my csg gti that I pick up in a week. The biggest drawback is the center caps... have you figured out what you are doing for those?

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Incredible build, I am thoroughly impressed. :clap:

I am thinking hard about buying those wheels for my csg gti that I pick up in a week. The biggest drawback is the center caps... have you figured out what you are doing for those?

Thanks!!

I actually just got this pic today. Had my body shop smooth/fill them and color match them bronze. Color needs to be a shade darker,but you get visual.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Finally bringing it down. H&R Super Sports. Chose H&R for decent drop and good ride still. Loving the drop. I thought I might need spacers, but tucked-in nicely. Handles and rides great:w00t:

Update-Just learned I got the wrong part from ESE 3 months ago. They sent me the MK5 part(54752-77) which are blue versus the correct MK6 part(54758-77) red. If you read the specs, it says the MK6 part gives 1.5front and 1.4 rear. The MK5 part gives 1.3 for both. No spec given on what 54752-77 gives on MK6(because it is not designed for MK6..:rolleyes:).

Dave at ESE was contacted. I am not getting too far. Just a lot of back and forth about the 30 day return policy, etc. Feeling screwed.

Dilema- pay again to get new springs and the labor to get the correct MK6 springs put on? Get the Coilovers I have wanted? Leave it(not even sure that is safe)?

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
ST Coilovers

Decided over the weekend to go with ST coilovers(90892) to end my dilema. Should be here by end of week. Big installs and look changes coming.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Nice build dude. Keep it up! :w00t:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Update-Just learned I got the wrong part from ESE 3 months ago. They sent me the MK5 part(54752-77) which are blue versus the correct MK6 part(54758-77) red. If you read the specs, it says the MK6 part gives 1.5front and 1.4 rear. The MK5 part gives 1.3 for both. No spec given on what 54752-77 gives on MK6(because it is not designed for MK6..:rolleyes:).

Dave at ESE was contacted. I am not getting too far. Just a lot of back and forth about the 30 day return policy, etc. Feeling screwed.

Dilema- pay again to get new springs and the labor to get the correct MK6 springs put on? Get the Coilovers I have wanted? Leave it(not even sure that is safe)?

Update- ESE(dave) and I came up with a good compromise. They stood behind their sale and I would buy from them again.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Matching up the blacks:

I have long felt that the gloss black on the upper grill was out of place with the rest of the front. while getting my front shave redone, I asked my paint shop to match the blacks up. Remove all the parts and disassembled all the various grill elements. Painted them all with a satin black with plastic flex agent added. Here are some pics in process. Complete look up later this week hopefully.