GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The GTI is finito.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
A lot of sharks swimming in these waters.......Glad you're alright OP.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
At least you are safe and not off the side of a bridge!

TAG12GTI

Ready to race!
Moral of the story... A GTI doesn't belong in the granny lane doing the speed limit...

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Moral of the story... A GTI doesn't belong in the granny lane doing the speed limit...

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

At least he didn't say "I was doing the speed limit in the far left lane"... Way too many people do this. OP, I'm glad you're ok. Enjoy the new Subie!

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
A lot of sharks swimming in these waters.......Glad you're alright OP.

they got a wif of the blood and immediately swam towards it.

i would agree about the insurance deal, do not go with their first offer. my dad rolled his truck a couple of years ago and it was wasted. they ended up offering him 20k and the truck back, or 22k and no truck. of course we took the truck back with the 20k. you might be able to get your old GTI back and salvage anything from it including maybe your ECU if its not damaged... good luck man.

HoustonGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Actually considering the new 5.0s, 5k cheaper than a base sti with track package and brembos omg at 33k. But then again a dime a dozen but it still comes out 2k less than a base sti.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Actually considering the new 5.0s, 5k cheaper than a base sti with track package and brembos omg at 33k. But then again a dime a dozen but it still comes out 2k less than a base sti.

Been there, done that when they first came out. Spec'd with Brembos and 3.73 gears. Cool car, very moddable. Depends on what you're looking for..

Shini

Go Kart Champion

5.0's are the best bang for your buck on the market right now, get ready to feel like you're inside a tank though, those windwos are so small you can't see chit. but hey, you're not going to anyway with 400+ hp down the highway... :laugh: it'll be all fast and furious, everything will be blurry! :p

HoustonGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thread resurrect! Was necessary because I didn't want to make a whole new thread, but just to update you guys I received the exact amount I paid for the GTI and put in an order for a dark grey metallic wrx! I will receive it towards the end of november or early december. It was nice being a part of this community and thanks to everyone for the information I gained while on this forum. And to those vultures I did part out but locally :).

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Good luck with it. I was looking at WRXs a little over a year ago before I got my car.. but the Tsunami hit Japan and Subaru wasn't making any at the time.
Let us know impressions. I've heard the car is a beast, but the interior is a step down in quality, and gas mileage is meh due to the boxer.

HoustonGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck with it. I was looking at WRXs a little over a year ago before I got my car.. but the Tsunami hit Japan and Subaru wasn't making any at the time.
Let us know impressions. I've heard the car is a beast, but the interior is a step down in quality, and gas mileage is meh due to the boxer.

Will post pics when I receive it since I placed the order. I am willing to sacrifice my comfort for the looks of the wrx exterior and that sexy ass boxer rumble. :wub:

HoustonGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow time has really flew. I was at work today and was thinking back on my gti decided to drop back on golfmk6 and upload a promised picture of my car :). Here it is gents!