GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
i might be able to get over the VW worry if i was driving that every day..

what i hate about my GTI these days is, you have to strain it so hard to get that measely power. it is not effortless at all. It is hard to get consistent speed runs. Whereas the Forester has a feather throttle and just always performs the same.

Yea, my mk6 was that way. This car however is like a bullet. Once that turbo spools it pulls hard. Too bad you are in Cali or I'd let you drive it. :). Some guys are in your area and might let you check one out.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
ugh... but im so tired of VW.. it would be really depressing to end up in another one, even if its a great car. i wanted to expand my car journeys a bit with some different stuff.

lol like another charger?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I find the best way to keep my R running consistent is to beat the piss out of it. It's the short liesurly trips to the grocery store that seem to make it lethargic mat times.

ya i suppose.. but then i look like a douchebag revving to 6000 everywhere around town, and also drinking gas at about 18mpg..

plus with stage 2, doing that would just be too fast/loud around town. might work with stage 1 tho.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
At the very least it sounds like you need to test drive a Golf R before pulling the trigger on a Charger. Who knows you may end up going the R route!

ah i dont really know what i want next... that's nothing new..

i dont like how low the GTI is, always having to strain my back lifting my kids down into their car seats. that could be a part of my back pain half the time..

neither the golf r or charger would really solve that, but both would be fun to drive. the charger is a little bit higher than the GTI tho. then i think about a wrangler but just can't get over the cheap build and terrible gas mileage. and power.. so who knows.. ill think a bit harder if i get some real bites on my GTI. the one guy is waiting for his financing to be approved.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Please buy another Charger....please

Yes.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i got some stupid lease numbers on an R/T.. i almost want to tell him to fuck off but i try not to burn too many bridges in case i need them later. even the almost fully loaded scatpack lease was cheaper than this.. ($526)

this is basically a fully loaded R/T with sunroof. all monthlys include tax.

3 years 10k miles with $3000 down.

36 months
$2995 down @ $576 a month

39 months
$2995 down @ $558 a month

42 months
$2995 down @ $532 a month

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
when you compare this WRX lease to the one above, you can see why i want to stick with Subaru, even if just from a financial standpoint.

WRX: 3 year lease 10 K is $434 including tax with 2,000 down. Msrp 34,192. Cap cost 32,369. Money factor 0.00155 and residual 60%.

R/T $576/month with $3000 down vs WRX $434/month with $2000 down

The WRX is probably faster 0-60 also. This is the exact WRX i got a quote on last week. white, manual, fully loaded.

http://www.carlsensubaru.com/new/Su...ood+City-ee9042150a0a0002074f9b7289d254ab.htm

again you come back to the depreciation, and Subaru destroys a Dodge...

the Subaru guy also told me that is the best lease price, and he gave me "buy-rate". That means he is not marking up the finance rate on the lease.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
WRX is 10k less sticker price than R/T how on earth would their lease payments be similar.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
WRX is 10k less sticker price than R/T how on earth would their lease payments be similar.

exactly... so which is the better lease value. the answer is obvious. the subaru would be a lot safer for possibly not making it thru the lease. smaller, lighter, faster.. better gas milage? hmmm..

i love Subaru's now. so i am more into a WRX now than i was before i got the Forester. i would feel safe that i wouldnt be underwater in 1 or 2 years. The buyout residual would probably be less than the car was worth at the end.

all i need is $2000 for the down. i got $1500 of it in mod sales i could do, but i prefer to get $2000 cash out fo my GTI sale instead. then the $1500 mod money goes in the bank. (with $700 buying an access port.)

this guy got 35mpg average on his review. (up from the rated 28 highway)

The most fucked up thing is im considering a CVT in the WRX. One guys biggest complaint on the WRX was the rev hang with the manual. This guy reviews the CVT:

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Don't WRX's have high insurance?

can't win em all..

naw i wouldnt get a CVT.. it would just be too weird.. and also harder to sell later down the line.

just got a 2nd guy that wants to come see the car.

in my plac math head it seems like i come out ahead....

- i get $2000 cash in hand for selling the GTI privately, thats my down payment, no cash out of bank.
- payments stay the same as the GTI monthly payment for 3 years..
- would have had 4 more years of the same GTI payments since it was a 6 year loan..
- might have a little equity in the value at the end of the subaru lease

Last edited:

outshined

Go Kart Champion
WRX: 3 year lease 10 K is $434 including tax with 2,000 down. Msrp 34,192. Cap cost 32,369. Money factor 0.00155 and residual 60%.
Plugging these values into Bankrate's auto leasing calculator it shows $384/month including tax (9%) with $2,000 down.