GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Don't know if it's been said, But the best way to truly get rid of rev hang is to ditch the heavy ass stock dual mass flywheel for a light weight single mass flywheel, Much easier to rev match on down shifts. Made a big difference on my GTI

This, dual mass is the cause for rev hang, the only thing unbeneficial for smf is that chatter noise.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
this might be the best handling *stock* car i have ever owned. It is way more confidence inspring than my 2008 135i was. That car tended to want to lose its back end all the time. I'll have to make a few hill drive videos sometime and expand on that. it just stays FLAT.. totally different than the GTI in turns. i might have had better handling cars in my days, but that was all aftermarket sways and springs, and much rougher rides than this thing. for the comfort this ride provides, the handling is amazing. starting to think the bumpy ride might be about equal to my MK6 GTI, not really better. about the same road feel.

Those are good to know, i read some reviews about the new rex, where this one guy claimed he owned bmws, he said this beats all bmws in handling, is like a go-cart handling. If only they actually let people test drive it, oh well im waiting for used ones to pop up, so i can test drive that.

In4 that hill drive like you did with the gti, i was kinda expecting that to happen anyway.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i would seriously trade my nav for the base radio. because the HK is separate anyway, with a separate amp. the nav and touch screen is just a pain to use. i'd take my wifes old fashioned radio over it. nice normal buttons. that always work..

but then i forgot the flaw in that plan. No HD radio in the base stereo. HD radio is my cleanest source of all, i wouldnt lose it.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yep makes sense... I was toying with the idea of making my perfect WRX. And it doesn't work out for me.

I'd want base headunit+uprated speakers and stealth sub. +1k
Upgraded wheels (from STI) +1k
STI brakes +1k

Essentially I want an STI (minus spoiler) with the WRX engine :laugh: That ain't happening

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
yup. as we always come back to.. no car is perfect. i will deal with the touch screen so i can have HD radio. i dont see putting an aftermarket unit in there, then half the cars electronics wouldnt work anymore. (phone, steering wheel, new satellite, etc.)

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i'd like to do some tints, and black vinyl roof.. but a lease, so maybe i shouldnt. maybe when i get bored.. im not bored yet.

JT641

Banned

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Subaru Genuine Carbon Composite Keychain