GOLFMKV

Think I made a big mistake...

Eroc93

Ready to race!
So who wants to trade? 0_o

B-5

Passed Driver's Ed
Reason why I went DSG:
1. I live in Northern Virgina...traffic sucks.

Reasons why I wished I had gone Manual:
1. This car will more than likely get passed down to my daughter who is currently nine. Both of my girls will learn to drive manual transmissions.
2. I miss double clutching instead of granny shifting when trying to school my buddy Dom.

Coming from a B5 slushbox...the DSG is sooooo much more fun than that POS was.

CyrexNZ

Ready to race!
My first thought is you paid $20k for a 2010 with 18k miles? Trade it in for a newer model with the manual? What will it do, add a few thousand to your loan?

I'd go postal (not literally, killing people is bad, okay?) on that dealership. Why? I'm looking at getting a 2014 with the DSG with at least the sunroof, possibly the Drivers Edition, for about $21 - 23k after my trade in (2006 Scion tC) and taxes. My trade-in is realistically only worth about $4k.

So I'm sorry to say this, but son, you got ripped the f off paying $20k for that car. I wouldn't have went higher than 16k.

Go postal without taking any lives, and get that straightened the hell out. Get your 6-speed from them. But first, go sit in traffic for an hour and tell me how much you hate the DSG lol ;-)

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Not much traffic in San Antonio lol
Well I ended paying 1.4 more for some insurance that cover any parts that go out and and about another 1k were added for my negative loan amount from my 2.5. I'll see what I can do. If I can keep my car payment under 400 I'll be good

CyrexNZ

Ready to race!
Not much traffic in San Antonio lol
Well I ended paying 1.4 more for some insurance that cover any parts that go out and and about another 1k were added for my negative loan amount from my 2.5. I'll see what I can do. If I can keep my car payment under 400 I'll be good

So about $17,600 after a warranty and the thousand left over from your old loan? That actually isn't bad; is it certified pre-owned?

In regards to what you can do about it and keep the monthly payment below $400, that all depends on your interest rate.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I don't care what anyone says (and I mean no offense) but I have no idea why anyone would buy an automatic GTI. Totally defeats the purpose of having a fun, sporty, small, turbo charged car with great handling. No amount of technology and sport mode, manual mode, double clutch whatever the hell will change that for me. Ever.

By your reasoning, all Lambo's and Nissan GTR's, along with the growing majority of other high-end sports/super cars, are also lame and make no sense too eh? Because after all, they're just 'automatics'... .. .

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Yea it was around 18.8 and I think 1.9 on my negative loan.. Not to bad it's a nice loaded gti has the sunroof,bixenon the touch screen all the goodies for the possible for the 2010

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
This^^^

stop whining op

What?! Are you forgetting DSG owners pay $1100 more up front? 40K DSG service? Plus many people get a lot of mileage out of the stock clutch even when tuned.

As a MT driver, I sympathize completely with OP. He is in a shitty situation. Real shitty. MT is the best part about these little cars he doesn't have it. I too would rather drive a base MT 2.5 golf over a DSG GTI if I had to be stuck in the car until I could afford to be out of it. Golf's are a peppy fun car to drive, they just don't have all the little upgrades that a GTI has and lets face it, most on here spend decent coin to upgrade those stock upgrades (brakes, suspensions, etc.) once they get tuned anyway because the GTI isn't a race car.

I'm sorry OP. You'll either have to lose your shirt to get out of this situation and enjoy driving again or you'll have to deal:(

B-5

Passed Driver's Ed
If you rolled money into a new car loan, then you are still (if not even more) negative now.

I would chaulk this up to a learning experience. Bite the bullett and hang on to this car longer and don't roll anymore negative equity into another loan.

CyrexNZ

Ready to race!
Yea it was around 18.8 and I think 1.9 on my negative loan.. Not to bad it's a nice loaded gti has the sunroof,bixenon the touch screen all the goodies for the possible for the 2010

Oh Jesus. When you said a 2010 GTI w/DSG, I figured it was barebones with just the DSG. Not a bad deal at all man.

So 2 months with the DSG and you don't like it? Do you downshift to stop? I found that to be a blast with the DSG. While you're not as involved with the car when you have the DSG, after driving a manual for the past 6 years, I look forward to having something I can relax in a bit more.

How often do you put it in manual mode?

CyrexNZ

Ready to race!
If you rolled money into a new car loan, then you are still (if not even more) negative now.

I would chaulk this up to a learning experience. Bite the bullett and hang on to this car longer and don't roll anymore negative equity into another loan.

^^ This as well

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Oh Jesus. When you said a 2010 GTI w/DSG, I figured it was barebones with just the DSG. Not a bad deal at all man.

So 2 months with the DSG and you don't like it? Do you downshift to stop? I found that to be a blast with the DSG. While you're not as involved with the car when you have the DSG, after driving a manual for the past 6 years, I look forward to having something I can relax in a bit more.

I usually drive in manual mode when below 50 mph then I just stick it in drive. Car feels so sluggish about 50ish to me.
I think I might of found a 2011 6speed gti for about 19k less miles see what they can work out. If not I'll look into a audi a4,Wrx or hold out and get into a mk7

Rascal

Ready to race!

Yes for God's sake don't leave it in auto mode. Put in in manual mode and use the paddles. That's where it's personality is. When i drive my wifes DSG it is in manual mode nearly 100% of the time.