GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is why we can't have nice things

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
That sucks. Couldn't you drill it out at replace with a bolt? Or even a new stud?

Did this on wheel studs.... Not fun.

idk, i think replacing the ball joint would be the best option. they are $68 a piece for oem. not worth the hassle of drilling imo.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
lol it's funny how none of the "one time use" bolts seem to get damaged but every other freaking nut and bolt snaps upon removal. i've stripped/snapped headlight ground studs, wheel hub studs, even the triple square that holds my rear seats in. it's always a pain with these cars.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
+ labor n more headache. Drilling n bolt would be done in 5 mins max

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i plan on keeping the car forever so replacing a broken part seems the best idea. ive already ordered the ball joints. if it was a beater car i might consider drilling the stud out.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
lol it's funny how none of the "one time use" bolts seem to get damaged but every other freaking nut and bolt snaps upon removal. i've stripped/snapped headlight ground studs, wheel hub studs, even the triple square that holds my rear seats in. it's always a pain with these cars.

try stripping out a triple square bolt. thats lots of fun to get out.

zrickety

The Fixer
well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
If you're keeping the car, where was the torque wrench?? $20 if you don't have it already. A ball joint is an expensive mistake.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
If you're keeping the car, where was the torque wrench?? $20 if you don't have it already. A ball joint is an expensive mistake.
lol good point, i messed up and i know it. thats how life works sometimes. i have a torque wrench. the ball joints arent expensive to me.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Ehh, it happens.

At least youre fixing it right with replacement parts instead of rigging it together with something.

Dont let little shit like this get you down bud.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Ehh, it happens.

At least youre fixing it right with replacement parts instead of rigging it together with something.

Dont let little shit like this get you down bud.

if you've ever worked on a car you know how easy it is for the unexpected to happen. you buy the wrong part,strip a nut or bolt,fail to use jack stands,drop a headlight bulb, or have a tool break. but hey it could be worse....

aregister

Ready to race!
Holy crap how true this is. Murphy's law

kern417

Go Kart Champion

i plan on keeping the car forever so replacing a broken part seems the best idea. ive already ordered the ball joints. if it was a beater car i might consider drilling the stud out.

this was after I drilled out the head wide enough to make the threads weak enough so i could just snap the head off with a vice grip and pull out the seat belt buckle.