GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Two years too late. A tale of my expanding build.

Winoman

Ready to race!
Not saying that you have to go K04 (or higher) to enjoy your car - certainly not - they are quite fun even without the extra power - but Stage1/2 is (at least) certainly recommended.

I'm stage 3 and while it can and does certainly overpower the front wheels off the line if I mash it down - this isn't the only time where the extra power can be used. Its great for passing, general acceleration and driving twisites and/or on curvy mountain roads...all sorts of places and circumstances. I love it - and while I understand the appeal of AWD & such (which I have in my S4) - and I prefer it - the GTI - particularly with handling & chassis mods (that I do highly recommend) is pretty awesome in itself for what it is. Going fast and enjoying it is not strictly your 0-60 from a full stop....

Anyway good luck with your build - enjoy it. Its really a great car and one that gives lots of satisfaction at any speed. And it can be very quick, quite fast and handle and drive quite well...I absolutely love mine...

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
that maryland flag vinyl, i definitely would not want to rock the Virginia one since i had a lot of gripes about this state.
I somehow missed your comment. Thanks! I love MD. Its my home state and I have a lot of pride in that flag. There is part of my ancestors crest in the flag. I have the steering wheel insert, rear VW emblem, and door handle inserts. Most are going to be peeled except the rearview mirror in the near future.

valj

Ready to race!
Do you have anymore pics of the stripe (vinyl) running along the side of the car on the first pic? Looks awesome!

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Do you have anymore pics of the stripe (vinyl) running along the side of the car on the first pic? Looks awesome!

This is about all I have before I removed it. The stripe was a dealer option I assume the previous owner got. The was starting to flake at the panel edges so I removed it. But otherwise it wasn't too bad.

Sent from my damn iPhone.

Last edited:

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
So these past two days I managed to install my led tail lights, seat handle inserts, and wash the car for the first time this winter. She looks so perdy now.

Oh hai.. Dats mah garage!

Car looks good haha

Outkasted24

Hoping to Own a GTI Soon
Nice build.

How does the catless Godspeed DP sound on the highway?
Did you see any difference after installing the FMIC?

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Nice build.

How does the catless Godspeed DP sound on the highway?
Did you see any difference after installing the FMIC?

The dp has a bit of drone paired with my MagnaFlow catback at highway speeds. Its just too open. I'm planning to get a vibrant resonator welded in to correct that.

I did notice a slight difference after doing the fmic. I was able to do a bit more driving before heat soak my car. Plus I got the look of a fmic.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
So I updated the first two posts to clean my thread up a bit. It still seems like a mess to me. But this is a work in progress anyway.

Kinda Update
I have developed some sort of rattle from the rear end over bumps. I think either something has worked loose in my suspension over time. Or the rubber gasket between the rear spring and the locking collar has finally worn out and its now metal on metal contact. If the weather permits I will be tearing the rear end of my car apart in the next few days. If its neither then I have no idea and suggestions are welcome. If it is the rubber worn out. Any suggestions on what to remedy the situation with?

Also I purchased a buffer so Vandorin and I can detail the cars more effectively. No car upgrades sorry the funds are being saved for the SoWo trip.

Last edited: