GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
For starters I'm trying to do this whole thing without drilling (especially since I don't have a drill), and the remote that came with my amp is larger...

The only spot I used a drill, aside from mounting the amp and LC2i to the board, was to get a ground screw into the car body. But to be honest, if you don't even have a drill, and really aren't comfortable with this stuff, you probably shouldn't just pass on it. It'd probably be best to just have a shop install it. It's not that expensive.

stuartb

Lots of good info. in this thread - thanks. Unfortunately the boot/trunk in my MY10 GTD doesn't look like yours. There are no foam pieces at all. Not sure if its because yours is a GTI or perhaps the cars are different in Europe. My tools are in a foam insert which sits in the wheel and the boot mat lies on the metal (at the level of the top of the wheel well). May still be able to construct a false floor and incorporate a sub enclosure though.

Stuart

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Lots of good info. in this thread - thanks. Unfortunately the boot/trunk in my MY10 GTD doesn't look like yours. There are no foam pieces at all. Not sure if its because yours is a GTI or perhaps the cars are different in Europe. My tools are in a foam insert which sits in the wheel and the boot mat lies on the metal (at the level of the top of the wheel well). May still be able to construct a false floor and incorporate a sub enclosure though.

Stuart

Yours looks like this, correct? If, so, you have a deeper storage area. So, yes, I would say, you could build a much bigger area for stereo and still have the same amount of usable space as NA car.

stuartb

Hey thanks,

Yes it does look like that. Going to do some measuring and see what will work.

Thanks for the reply.

Stuart

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
veedoubleme,

Thanks for sharing all your work on your setup. It's really appreciated.

Quote below from this post --> http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=198402&postcount=96

Given your test equipment, is there anyway you can put that to the test? (I'm wondering if one of the EQ curves doesn't roll off the bass so dramatically)

That's really interesting! I may have to test this. Hmmmmmmm...

Wouldn't that be funny, if a free VCDS coding change fixed the bass response?

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
veedoubleme,

Thanks for sharing all your work on your setup. It's really appreciated.

Quote below from this post --> http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=198402&postcount=96

Given your test equipment, is there anyway you can put that to the test? (I'm wondering if one of the EQ curves doesn't roll off the bass so dramatically)

I just tested all 7 "Audio Parameters" in VCDS (Nav > Long Coding Helper > Byte 9), and none of them do anything to bass response. None of them changed anything I measured on my meter. I have no idea what they do.

hugoender1

Ready to race!
Damn you Veedoubleme! Damn you to hell! Now you've made me want the LC2i! That means spending more money, redoing all of my wiring, and having to find a place to place the LC2i box! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(awesome write up btw)

dav1d

Ready to race!
That LC2i looks like a really useful piece of equipment, but how does it compare to the kickerZX10SUM8? I'm currently sitting on a sum8 that I purchased two years ago.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
I have seen this before. EU cars use a donut spare, while US cars use a full size. It has to do with the hump in the center of the spare tire well. In the US it sticks up to make room for some smog equipment that is not present in the EU. I hope for my sake all the floors become standardized in the MK7.

If you are willing to ditch the spare, i make a box that will fit that area if i can still find the old programs. I made for for a Skoda gti equivelant about 3 yrs ago.

on the MKV there are 2 set of mounting holes for the tie downs on the side, one for US one for EU, on the MK6 they got cheat and just welded a loop there, so i can not move these if you wanted to raise the floor. I have sold both a floor mount box and amp rack to people in austrialia and malayasia to raise the floor to US spec height

305GTI

Ready to race!
This thread is so informative I have learned so much about our cars audio. About to place an order for the LC2i right now.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
My site went over the free bandwidth

My new site is www. Uberstealthaudio.com but it's not fully up yet