GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ultimate Racing Turboback Exhaust Catless Installed!! pics and vids

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
crap!!!!! just when i thought i was done modding engine stuff :mad:

haha...ya....I was in a hurrry to actually be done but then I just start looking for more to do. I'll post a more update pic of the bay and a close up of the bracket I made for the stage 2 pipe so it doesn't rub the brake reservior. I noticed there is a thread about it the other day.

To answer some of the previous questions......

1) as far as the setup....thats the cool thing about Ultimate Racing; I spoke to Darryl and we worked out the setup that I really wanted. They can make it almost with any configuration. If you want my setup plus two mufflers in the back then you can do that. I just love not having a cat and not worry about its efficiency. Just slowly readying the car for big turbo in a few years.

2) As far as pricing goes....I can't discuss. I can say I got a really fair deal and cannot possibly be more satisfied, but pricing is really between you and Darryl/Ultimate Racing because there are many configs. I can say for sure that for the quality and options of this system.....they are definitely priced competatively.

3) I just compare it to one of the most expensive systems on the market (APR) and think......well the tips are better and really fill the space in the valance, its all flanged joints and still all 304, it flows even more and sounds better, and civilized at the same time......and still costs less probably anyway you cut it.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
thanks for doing the embedding by the way. It actually took a while to make this post but I wanted to do it right. The vids are in HD so I linked them that way on the original post if they don't seem like 720p in the embedded version. Thanks again.

I also have another vid of just driving so you can hear that there is no drone even when I am purposefully letting the revs hang in sport mode at like 3 or 4 rpm......
tags to these are Ultimate Racing MK6 GTI

the exhaust is really fun to play with in sport mode btw....can't wait till its fully broken in.

mylesw42

Ready to race!
Nice setup dude, great work on the install and videos. Exhaust purrs real nice, and has a nice tone. I am wondering how this setup will compare to a metal cat with resonator + 2 mufflers, just like the one they offer. If it's similar, then it's definitely an option for me.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks to all for all the comments and for the help with posting the vids within the thread. I tried to link them all last night but was so freakin tired and still wanted to get the thread up anyways cause I told everyone I would by Monday.

If you went with a cat, I would just try it with two resonators after it and no mufflers but thats just me. I'd be curious to hear if it got louder or quieter. I really like where its at now because the sound is really "tuned" ......also I really like not having mufflers in the back. Makes the system lighter and just looks better. With the Titanium tips in the back you wouldn't believe how light wt. the last flange piece is.

The entire shipping wt. of my system was 58 lbs.....so its actually probably even less then that cause the box was pretty big and had plenty of packing nuts so maybe 3-4 lbs just for the box

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
dam that exhaust sounds nice! definitely considering it!
hope u will enjoy driving with it;)

Thanks man. I really am. Sounding better every day. The pipes were steaming when I got home today even after I turned the car off.....no cat helps this I guess. :w00t:

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
After seeing Josh's sweet avatar a bunch of times, I finally thought about the ignore feature, stoked.

You should post another vid after you feel like the system has totally broken in Gunmetal.