GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic stage 2 Revison vs APR stage 2 v1.2

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
He has a lot of mods, so it makes sense. But also your weight in APR car didn't help at all. Next time don't be in the cars, or swap. One run you are with him, the other you are in the other car. 2nd person in the car does make a big difference in winning or losing.

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
The purpose of this thread wasn't to put any tuner down it was simply describing a race in the forums section. I understand I have more mods like duces stated it was a friendly run

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Good friendly runs but the point still applies that Uni chipped car had many many more mods which kinda makes it unfair IMO but thanks for the info.. I'll go and enjoy my slow APR stage II+ GTI with a slipping clutch and be patiently waiting on APRs mobile switching this summer! Heheh :)

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
Good friendly runs but the point still applies that Uni chipped car had many many more mods which kinda makes it unfair IMO but thanks for the info.. I'll go and enjoy my slow APR stage II+ GTI with a slipping clutch and be patiently waiting on APRs mobile switching this summer! Heheh :)

Well said! You waste that 600 dollars to be slower than another company!

ZGTI

Banned

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Well said! You waste that 600 dollars to be slower than another company!

To be honest with you.. If I still cared about having the fastest GTI around I'd get Uni but back when I got my car chipped, Uni had NOTHING for the mk6 TSI so I went with APR and kinda stuck with it till now. I'm no longer about how fast my GTI is since im leaning more towards stands and visual appearance of my car vs performance. Instead of going big turbo I bought BBS Super RS, instead of buying big flashy carbon fiber looking spoilers, I shaved my whole entire car so I mean it's not ALL about speed.. And I'm not trying to bash on Uni since I respect the company a lot neither on you so don't get me wrong.

But all I'm saying is that your car is way more modified..

KIX

Passed Driver's Ed
I used to have APr on my 1.8 turbo, then I changed to Unitronic, did not notice a difference...until I put the Unitronic sticker....Instant 40 HPs to the wheels whoooooo

/sarcasm