GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water pump leaking issue for 12-14 GTI

Palmo

Ready to race!
I just called VW, they checked my VIN and said there is no warranty extension for the water pump on my 2012 GTI right now. Intake manifold and injectors are covered for me though.

I have just been told the same thing. :(

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
U might have to pay for it then vw sends you a thing in the mail to claim reimbursement?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
My VW dealer was up my butt to do the recall fix on my car when I went for an oil change, however hearing that the new ones still had issues and my current one does not, I elected to not perform the repair yet. They weren't too happy about that, but so was I when I wasn't in the mood to give up my car for a loaner for the weekend.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
My VW dealer was up my butt to do the recall fix on my car when I went for an oil change, however hearing that the new ones still had issues and my current one does not, I elected to not perform the repair yet. They weren't too happy about that, but so was I when I wasn't in the mood to give up my car for a loaner for the weekend.
What year do you have and how many miles?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I just called VW, they checked my VIN and said there is no warranty extension for the water pump on my 2012 GTI right now. Intake manifold and injectors are covered for me though.

:confused: I had a '12 GTI too, and i got my waterpump warranty extended. I'm very sorry/surprised to hear this.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Not sure what the difference between the early and late MKVIs is, but I'm at about 102k on the factory pump. Every 10k miles I add a bit of coolant to the reservoir, but otherwise no signs of a leak.

zrickety

The Fixer
Check the sides of your radiator for leaks.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Will do. I haven't thought much of it because it's been this way for years and there's no trace of coolant on the garage floor. But I haven't taken a close look at the radiator.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
Will do. I haven't thought much of it because it's been this way for years and there's no trace of coolant on the garage floor. But I haven't taken a close look at the radiator.

i had the same issue with my 2010
ended up being the left side (driver side) radiator tank that had a very, very slow leak; so it would seep/wet teh area a bit and then dry up; it would never leak on the ground

here's a picture, i bet you have the same issue

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the picture, here's hoping I don't find anything. I'm guessing it's not too much of a hassle to get the radiator out, but I'd rather not have to.

zrickety

The Fixer
I saw it after I pulled off the tray underneath.

phuccer1

Ready to race!
My waterpump leaked on me at about 40K miles. They replaced it under warranty when I took it in for 40K service. At my 80K service, they told me I had a recall for the newer revised waterpump and replaced it for free at that time as well.

Overall, it hasn't caused any problems for me, still love the car. Just buy it already.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Just had mine replaced 2012 44k miles. They covered it under warranty. No mention of a recall so I guess I am glad the replacement was covered

Palmo

Ready to race!
Im out of warranty and my 2011 wasnt part of the recall so Im screwed.

Any ideas on how much this is going to cost for a replacement to be fitted? Got one quote for so far for $770. :-(

oatzel

Ready to race!

same when I was in for the ECU reflash recall. I had them check it for leaks and they didn't find any, and I said I'd rather hold off since I've heard of people with the new ones failing. If it ain't broke . . .

Plan on doing it at my 50K service. I'm at 47K now. 2012 gti