GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Installed hatch button from Double Apex.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While i'm sure the button itself is high quality, I feel the actual design on it could be so much better. Looks like someone had 5 minutes to come up with it before they shipped it off to be made.

93serprise

Ready to race!

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Same happened to me. I read on here somewhere to get a hacksaw blade against the bolt and use an impact driver to spin the bolt. Cuts through in just a few seconds. Worked great.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Removing my other side front strut yesterday was a problem. The nutsert in the 034 strut mount stripped. This has happened on other cars that I've worked on in the past and actually happened to ^ Riceburners car as well the day prior. Most of the time you can put a vice grip on the bottom side to hold it and then it comes out. Mine of course is being stubborn so I am having to cut the mount out. Had to remove the cowl to be able to impact the strut bolt off which allowed me to remove the strut while leaving the strut mount in. Big pain in the ass.

Damn

You couldn't get a socket onto the back of the nut(sert) though, then try removing the bolt after soaking it in PB Blaster or something?

And that's why I always use anti-seize on those mount bolts, since we're in the salt belt

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
Why is the front of my car missing?

It got a new APR intercooler, that's why!

I also removed the front license plate holder and filled the holes with some painted push fasteners.

And while I was there, I installed smoke side marker lenses.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
I finally picked up my mk6 gti! After almost 3 weeks it's mine! A bit afraid to get on the road being it is the first manual trans car I have bought and without much experience. This thing can GO! I LOVE IT! (Btw, what's up to all. First time posting on this forum.)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I finally picked up my mk6 gti! After almost 3 weeks it's mine! A bit afraid to get on the road being it is the first manual trans car I have bought and without much experience. This thing can GO! I LOVE IT! (Btw, what's up to all. First time posting on this forum.)

Welcome. Search. Learn. Tell us your plans.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

Congrats, you're really going to enjoy it once you get some more seat time with the manual. They're super fun little cars.

This place is full of info, do some looking around and start planning that first wave of mods :23: ;) :D

ahard48

Ready to race!
P2015 code yesterday. Cleared it and it came back. Called VW and covered under powertrain warranty 5yr/60k.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Shopdap says it is.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Received my Roav C1 dashcam. Installing tomorrow :) Bought a 128 gig microsd card for it as well.