GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

pdan

Ready to race!
Why was it leaking again? installed incorrectly? faulty pcv?

Leaking. Had an OEM one installed like 3 weeks ago when I had my clutch done. Noticed oil spots where I was parking and it looked like it was leaking from the trans. Then it really started leaking ha, 2 quarts in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barker1964

Water pump took a crap. As well as my PCV. I called the stealership and the bill would have been almost 2K. My friend did the total job for shell we say very cheap 500.00 total parts included. On the PCV he did the diaphram only..

zrickety

The Fixer
Got a big day planned tomorrow, my buddy's 09 GTI with the CCTA motor. Doing the rear main seal (iABED billet upgrade), the ECS bracket fix for the intake manifold, Eibach front sway bar, and maybe springs and a downpipe depending on how much time we have. We'll be busy.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got a big day planned tomorrow, my buddy's 09 GTI with the CCTA motor. Doing the rear main seal (iABED billet upgrade), the ECS bracket fix for the intake manifold, Eibach front sway bar, and maybe springs and a downpipe depending on how much time we have. We'll be busy.

Is it manual or auto? If manual should wait until he throws a clutch in there to do the RMS, unless he has one, then he shoulda done the RMS with that lol. Does sound very busy though

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've been feeling a tap in my clutch pedal. I had a feeling it was my intake, so I finally popped the hood and took a look this morning. Yup, the tab on my IE intake finally broke. I bought it a couple years ago but they're sending me a new pipe with no hassle. Awesome customer service the way it should be done.

pdan

Ready to race!
Changed the oil, rotated tires, and flashed to stage 2. Figured out my SAI hose wasn’t plugged back in on the other side and was (hopefully) the cause of my p0491 code and lean idle. Also, I absolutely hate shops that put my wheels back on with an air gun and now it’s almost impossible to break the lugs free with a breaker bar. And got a few nice chips and scrapes on the wheels too. [emoji58] I’m really want to get to the point of being able to do most everything myself. Can anyone recommend any good maintenance books or resources just for general knowledge? I have learned a lot on here as well, really appreciate the knowledge.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I so feel you. I get stressed any time anyone touches my car. They always fuck something up. I wish that I could learn every trade and not need to rely on someone else for anything.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
My biggest pet peeve is when people crank the oil filter like its an axle bolt or some shit. But yea wheel lugs with an impact wrench sucks too. If you know you're gonna be doing something in the near future post it into the what're you doing to your mk6 thread, I have nothing better to do at work than answer so I can hopefully help figure it out. I haven't found anything that has everything I needed though, just piece things together from different threads. I tried getting elsawin to work on my computer which I guess is what mechanics use for processes but couldn't get it to.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Removed these tail lights, some of which had bubbling of the paint or whatever inside. Also the left inner tail light had a piece cracked off (hence the duct tape used since water had gotten inside the light assembly all the way down to the bottom where the reverse light is.)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
And replaced them with the same style, just a slightly different background color:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
And replaced them with the same style, just a slightly different background color:

Sorry man, those are really ugly. You can get decent Oem style led's for $250 or less now.
I can understand wanting to be different and all but there is a reason so many people go with the oem style...they just look so damn good.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
It’s ok. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I actually liked the previous set, hence why I have these. Something different than the usual. Maybe the next set will be different (if the need arises).

smanierre

Autocross Champion
What do they look like on at night?