GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed
Decided to try and make my car look as shitty as possible for the moment, so I put on the badgeless grill I picked up. That without the notch fill and no bumper did a pretty good job I think.

I did get the parts to fix my bumper though so i'll hopefully put those in tomorrow and get everything back on. Also adjusted my swaybar endlinks again since the clunk was coming back. Hopefully 3rd time's the charm. Bonus pic of my friends mini also just because.

I like it! Have been wanting to go for that same look myself, but don’t know what to do for the notch fill to not make it look tacky. Not sure if the easiest would be a vinyl wrap of the hood or get a hood respray for an additional several $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I like it! Have been wanting to go for that same look myself, but don’t know what to do for the notch fill to not make it look tacky. Not sure if the easiest would be a vinyl wrap of the hood or get a hood respray for an additional several $$$.

I took it off, just put it on there to see how it would fit with the headlights. I'm gonna be getting pretty much my whole front end resprayed. Gotta have the roof right near the windshield fixed, get the notch filled, and have the bumper holes/side markers/windshield washer caps all filled in. Once I get that then the grille will look good, and once I wrap it i'll color match the two lines and the lower U on the bumper and it should all look pretty snazzy

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
I gave her a good wash today, and discovered there were actually decent chrome tips under all that soot!

torga

Autocross Champion
Exactly. APR Stage 1 since the start.

Went with a Southbend stage 2 daily. Cant wait to have it broken it in. Have my First autoX off the season with it next saturday.
Sounds like fun! What class are you in?

torga

Autocross Champion
Gloss black VW with a color matched background. Best look IMO, it's what i'll be doing eventually and it goes really well with the gloss black valance.

Also Osram got back to me saying they are looking into it and they will get back to me again within a week.
Even on my black GTI, color-matching the insert made a huge difference. It looks so seamless now.
Definitely interested in what Osram has to say.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Mind me asking, what did you use? Steel wool or specic cleaner?

I think steel wool would scratch the shit out of exhaust tips. Probably the soft side sponge and some elbow grease or maybe a throw away microfiber. With some soap and pressure it shouldn't be too hard to get off.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I think steel wool would scratch the shit out of exhaust tips. Probably the soft side sponge and some elbow grease or maybe a throw away microfiber. With some soap and pressure it shouldn't be too hard to get off.

Steel wool actually works great. Lmao

smanierre

Autocross Champion