GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
I like big numbers. I heard that with the 17z a master cylinder upgrade is basically required, but some people have said that isn't true for the 18z. The 18z kit doesn't work with the OEM parking brake (I think because of the caliper position), so you can either do a line-lock solution or just get the mk5 r32 calipers which will fit over the larger rotor.
I read that as well and people just recommended installing a TT-RS MC - didn't seem too complicated. I'm still thinking of doing 17Z but am undecided with what the rear setup will be.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Installed my GBV DV+!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I like big numbers. I heard that with the 17z a master cylinder upgrade is basically required, but some people have said that isn't true for the 18z. The 18z kit doesn't work with the OEM parking brake (I think because of the caliper position), so you can either do a line-lock solution or just get the mk5 r32 calipers which will fit over the larger rotor.

You can do the upgrade for like $200. Iono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I read that as well and people just recommended installing a TT-RS MC - didn't seem too complicated. I'm still thinking of doing 17Z but am undecided with what the rear setup will be.

If I feel I need to i'll do the TT-RS or RS3 MC but no sense in buying it before I know if I need it.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm almost at 14 now. I knew it was going to take a long time and I was in no rush to get them and i'm willing to put up with it for how cheap they are compared to everyone else.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I'm almost at 14 now. I knew it was going to take a long time and I was in no rush to get them and i'm willing to put up with it for how cheap they are compared to everyone else.

Holy balls. You can piece together your own kit for even less than they charge.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Holy balls. You can piece together your own kit for even less than they charge.

I honestly just didn't feel like doing the work for that since this is my first attempt at brakes. Once I rebuild these once or twice and know more about how they work, i'll probably piece together kits on my own for future projects.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I pick up my car tomorrow! Will post lots of new pictures of the new paint job

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Finally bought a stage 1 and dsg tune from unitronic. Figured it'd be like giving your grandpa a speedy wheelchair over a normal one. About to hit 110k miles. Just had carbon cleaning and revised intake manifold installed. Replacing plugs and fuel filter at 120k got red tops and pflo already.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
I honestly just didn't feel like doing the work for that since this is my first attempt at brakes. Once I rebuild these once or twice and know more about how they work, i'll probably piece together kits on my own for future projects.

i get it, just in my experience it was not worth the cost savings.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Finally bought a stage 1 and dsg tune from unitronic. Figured it'd be like giving your grandpa a speedy wheelchair over a normal one.

It will transform your driving experience. I am very pleased with mine running with stock everything except DV+.

For the UniConnect to work on my laptop I had to disable my antivirus software (I ended up deleting it in the end). Unitronic was very helpful with this and remote accessed into my laptop to get me setup (I am a Mac owner that is Window's challenged).

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Moved my front tires to the rear to see if that helps at all with the shake i've been having. The rears looked basically brand new wear wise while the fronts looked like they were getting towards the end of their life so i'm hoping it does help. One of the bolts on my exhaust was backing out and rattling so I went and fixed that. There was an exhaust leak at that flange also so I threw in a gasket I had so I knocked out two birds with one stone. Going tomorrow to pick up some passat control arms I found and a brand new already painted shadow blue oem lip since I smashed my old one.