GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
I gave him the ECU ID I pulled using the accessport, the VIN was in the pic I gave him so maybe he just used it from there but he didn't ask for one. Someone from one of the facebook pages recommended him and said he did good work so I guess we'll see.
Sounds solid, so I just hope this is the actual problem. But I'm with you - if this doesn't fix it, then what the shit...?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I gave him the ECU ID I pulled using the accessport, the VIN was in the pic I gave him so maybe he just used it from there but he didn't ask for one. Someone from one of the facebook pages recommended him and said he did good work so I guess we'll see.
can't put it on facebook if it isn't true

smanierre

Autocross Champion
can't put it on facebook if it isn't true
Facts, I heard SWAT is standing by in case he scammed me.

Sounds solid, so I just hope this is the actual problem. But I'm with you - if this doesn't fix it, then what the shit...?

If this doesn't fix it I think i'm gonna try this service that registers cars for you in Maine where they don't have emissions. Not sure on the specifics but one of my friends has both his cars registered in Maine through them.

torga

Autocross Champion
If this doesn't fix it I think i'm gonna try this service that registers cars for you in Maine where they don't have emissions. Not sure on the specifics but one of my friends has both his cars registered in Maine through them.
Ok now that is something worth looking into down the road, potentially. Had no idea there were services like that.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Ok now that is something worth looking into down the road, potentially. Had no idea there were services like that.
Me neither and it seems illegal but ?‍♂️

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Bought a German companion for the GTI. More fuel efficient then running the Pilot around with the kids. Still have the Pilot as a long hauler and when I put race car parts on the GTI and it's down for a week because something didn't go as planned!!

2016 Jetta SE 1.4T w/ 36k miles

Wife likes it and it's her car.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
View attachment 159647well... looks like the ice won today.. 300K on the clock. Busted rad (it's barley resting against the engine)..supports..hood..bumper..lights etc..cue the music. Surprisingly... no air bags went off. Glad for that!
Of course they send the sand/salt trucks AFTER I tell the police how many other cars are having near misses. I'm really happy i swapped my winter tires on Saturday... who knows what it could have been with all season tires.

Wonder if i can get my lip and mud flaps off. You know how much i love my mud flaps LOL;)

What did you end up hitting btw? Another car?
If so, did you get a ticket or anything?

Sucks for the car, but glad you're okay

Some young/new driver just hit the wife's brand new (3 week old) 2020 Chevy Traverse just yesterday after running a red light...ripped the whole front end off :(....so I completely understand

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
This is with the car on and warmed up, correct? At least for me, VCDS shows 0 if the car's off.

Rechecked after making sure the car was fully up to temp after some spirited driving and measured -1.22 this is with 500 miles on the head rebuild and timing chain/tensioner update not sure what that really means but it’s on side of being in the safe zone so makes me feel some what good about the work done lol

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
What did you end up hitting btw? Another car?
If so, did you get a ticket or anything?

Sucks for the car, but glad you're okay

Some young/new driver just hit the wife's brand new (3 week old) 2020 Chevy Traverse just yesterday after running a red light...ripped the whole front end off :(....so I completely understand
Jeezz ....were you or your wife driving? Hopefully no major injuries? Sucks.. I like the look of the Traverse actually.. Maybe the new TrailBlazer will be here in time! :cool:(y)

Yeah... another car. Camry. Not his fault, but for the life of me as I play it back I have no idea why he decided to stop 250 yards from the line at the lights. He slid out of the left turn lane, got into the left passing lane, and just stopped there(well to be honest he slid there)
Yes, I'm ok. Feeling it in my neck, lower back and clutch leg. Guess which one I'm going to save 1st?
No ticket, however I haven't yet been to the collision reporting center. . Called 911 to report the ice on the road. With all the traffic incidences occurring to weather they didn't dispatch if there were no injuries.
Biggest pain in the neck is due to the number of accidents and requests for insurance rentals I'm still w/o a rental car.

Now.. I'm going to rant. If you're an honest tow truck driver and work for a reputable company then DTIP... Instant Towing in Markham is trying to hold my car ransom to the insurance company. Accident Tuesday, they hooked me, I signed off papers for my insurance company to get the car.. Instant Towing is playing games trying to rack up storage fees. To date the repair place STILL hasn't gotten my car from them. I seriously want to go over there and bang some heads but in reality....not my issue. Just hate to see some dicks making an industry look bad. BUT... i guess that's the same in any profession. *** END OF RANT.

In reality I just want my car fixed and returned to me but i've got this sinking feeling..

torga

Autocross Champion
I replaced my coolant pipes tonight. Aside from the usual "goddammit, there's no room for my hands", it went somewhat smoothly. Here's the dumb way I tried to suck coolant with in order to minimize the mess.... it only kind of worked. Had to remove my throttle pipe to gain access to the last few hose clamps.
IMG_20191115_180440.jpg

I'm tired, so tomorrow I'll finish up. Gotta reinstall the throttle pipe and accessory belt, then burp the system and check for leaks. I'll post a pic of the Spulen pipes tomorrow.