GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Outlet pipe coupling popped off on the highway which brought on EPC and limp mode, pulled over and burned my arm for a half hour to work the clamp and coupling back on.
I'm thinking of changing the clamp since the original clamp doesn't have teeth around the entire thing and also fabricating something to wedge in-between the pipe itself and the frame of the car to help hold it on.

Constant tension clamps are the way to go

Mishimoto - MMCLAMP-3T Stainless Steel Constant Tension T-Bolt Clamp, 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ED8SWI...abc_QY2DGQH9332AHZXBWX8K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Outlet pipe coupling popped off on the highway which brought on EPC and limp mode, pulled over and burned my arm for a half hour to work the clamp and coupling back on.
I'm thinking of changing the clamp since the original clamp doesn't have teeth around the entire thing and also fabricating something to wedge in-between the pipe itself and the frame of the car to help hold it on.
What kind of clamp was on there?

torga

Autocross Champion
My New Year's resolution is to get back on the forum more frequently. Been an absolute stranger the past few months and got wrapped up with other hobbies. Also things have been opening up, so I've been spending a lot less time on the computer. Love y'all tho.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
APR coil packs arrived today. :)
IMG_1336.JPG

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
My recent gas cap CEL has been followed by the p0455 CEL. I cleared it so I guess we will see what happens. Hope I don't have to replace the n80 valve.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Had the parking lot to myself lol

Attachments

• PXL_20210714_224341233~2.jpg
    PXL_20210714_224341233~2.jpg
    854.8 KB · Views: 72

Thumper

Autocross Champion
APR coil packs arrived today. :)View attachment 219595

Damn, you beat me!! Mine arrive tomorrow.

And I thought MY engine bay was dirty. ;)

Today, I vacuumed the carpet, and started cleaning the engine bay. Which started with removing the wasp nest on top of my HPFP..................

Phur

Autocross Champion
Damn, you beat me!! Mine arrive tomorrow.

And I thought MY engine bay was dirty. ;)

Today, I vacuumed the carpet, and started cleaning the engine bay. Which started with removing the wasp nest on top of my HPFP..................
You have bees in your bonnet?
🤨

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
My recent gas cap CEL has been followed by the p0455 CEL. I cleared it so I guess we will see what happens. Hope I don't have to replace the n80 valve.

So the gas cap light came back on, im pricing N80 valves now. Cheapest I found was here so far:

Partsgeek $67
USP $110
ECS $139

Ill be using this method to install:

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Did you replace the gas cap?

I have a random “small EVAP leak” CEL that comes up randomly and I thinks it’s my n80 as I already replaced the gas cap.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
My gas cap looks fine, don't see any reason to bother replacing it. The N80 seems to be the main culprit in these cases. I'm going to replace the N80 valve through parts geek and go from there. If the problem persists I'll look into replacing the cap but I'm positive it isn't the gas cap.

Phur

Autocross Champion