GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Chisel_86

Drag Racing Champion
Best of luck. My wife had a CLA, it was the worst car we've ever owned. Even oil changes were a pain.
Different platform... The oil changes in my old Mercedes were a pain too, but that's because it was essentially a race engine. Three underbody covers, two drain plugs and 9qts of oil. The only redeeming quality it had was a cartridge filter on top. (E63 AMG n/a V8)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Haven't posted here in a while...and technically it hasn't happened yet...but trading in my 2012 GTI for a family hauler (a GLC 300) since we're expecting our second kid next February. I won't be removing all my mods but I'll probably have a Stealthbox with sub/amp for sale, some winter wheels, and anything else that's in my garage/storage for sale soon!
I'll BOLO for your for sale ad for the miscellaneous and mods, since I'm not far. Congrats on the new addition!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
It's been a while since I checked in lol. Started my major detail this past weekend. Still not done . Wish I had a garage but Im making it work lol. Roof is looking fantastic after just a pass with the cutting compound. I'll do a polish aswell . And finish is with Sonax ceramic coating. Full car pic is pre detail.

Attachments

• PXL_20211002_171826529~2.jpg
    PXL_20211002_171826529~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20211003_221343032.jpg
    PXL_20211003_221343032.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20211003_223012942.jpg
    PXL_20211003_223012942.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
It's been a while since I checked in lol. Started my major detail this past weekend. Still not done . Wish I had a garage but I making it work lol. Roof is looking fantastic after just a pass with the cutting compound. I'll do a polish aswell . And finish is with Sonax ceramic coating. Full car pic is pre detail.

It's like glass!! I need to at least wax mine before the rainy season really starts.

torga

Autocross Champion
Today I copied @Phur and did a full Liqui Moly oil/engine treatment. Ran their Pro-Line Engine Flush beforehand, did a quick change with Leichtlauf, then topped it off with a bottle of Cera Tec. I'm gonna let things settle in for a bit before I really judge because I swear, the engine feels smoother already. I'm 73% sure it's all in my head, but increased fuel efficiency won't lie... I'll see if there's any effect at the pump soon.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Today I copied @Phur and did a full Liqui Moly oil/engine treatment. Ran their Pro-Line Engine Flush beforehand, did a quick change with Leichtlauf, then topped it off with a bottle of Cera Tec. I'm gonna let things settle in for a bit before I really judge because I swear, the engine feels smoother already. I'm 73% sure it's all in my head, but increased fuel efficiency won't lie... I'll see if there's any effect at the pump soon.
I seem to be getting a touch better gas mileage. On the trip to get my diploma I averaged 32.4 mpg. I was going 81 mph for most of the trip.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Good on ya, Achilles! I started my car show prep a bit today. I mostly focused on lady phur’s Jetta though. I cleaned and conditioned all of the leather on both cars. Hers also got a thorough wash with a detail brush on all seams, emblems, etc… iron remover, clay bar, and OptiSeal.

Chisel_86

Drag Racing Champion
Nice. That’s what I did to mine first thing after I bought it. I use ceretec at the recommended intervals and MoS2 at the oil changes in between.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Definitely post follow up , I have been thinking about switching from the oem Castrol . I think carbon is starting to build up in my engine , sounds a bit louder and mpg gas gone down by 2-3 miles . I'll get carbon cleaning done in 10k
Good on ya, Achilles! I started my car show prep a bit today. I mostly focused on lady phur’s Jetta though. I cleaned and conditioned all of the leather on both cars. Hers also got a thorough wash with a detail brush on all seams, emblems, etc… iron remover, clay bar, and OptiSeal.
Thanks ,yeah I'm really happy the way it's turning out . Hopefully I can get it done this weekend , if the weather cooperates. Right now car is under the cover I'll do another wash before I proceed with detail .

I'll definitely need to do my interior aswell, opti seal seems pretty good. I'll need to see if they have a maintenance spray that I can add on top of the ceramic coating I do . Sonax has some but apparently it leaves streaks and feels tacky .

Phur

Autocross Champion
Definitely post follow up , I have been thinking about switching from the oem Castrol . I think carbon is starting to build up in my engine , sounds a bit louder and mpg gas gone down by 2-3 miles . I'll get carbon cleaning done in 10k

Thanks ,yeah I'm really happy the way it's turning out . Hopefully I can get it done this weekend , if the weather cooperates. Right now car is under the cover I'll do another wash before I proceed with detail .

I'll definitely need to do my interior aswell, opti seal seems pretty good. I'll need to see if they have a maintenance spray that I can add on top of the ceramic coating I do . Sonax has some but apparently it leaves streaks and feels tacky .
I ordered some P&S Beadmaker the other day. The detailing community raves about the stuff. That will be topping everything off Friday for my EuroDistrict car show prep. I’ll let you know what I think.

Baosa

Go Kart Champion
I'll BOLO for your for sale ad for the miscellaneous and mods, since I'm not far. Congrats on the new addition!
Thank you sir! I don't think the sale ad will be very big or interesting. Most of the mods will just be going with the car. I've got a lot of stock parts in my garage (and in my work office oy) which include pretty random things like an OEM air filter, an RCD310, a driver side fog light, OEM lug bolts (and that's just in my work office). Might just offer some of this stuff up for free since I just kind of want them gone at this point.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thank you sir! I don't think the sale ad will be very big or interesting. Most of the mods will just be going with the car. I've got a lot of stock parts in my garage (and in my work office oy) which include pretty random things like an OEM air filter, an RCD310, a driver side fog light, OEM lug bolts (and that's just in my work office). Might just offer some of this stuff up for free since I just kind of want them gone at this point.
Ah fair enough

Saabingti

Autocross Champion

Interested in Stealthbox + Amp fo free (y) (y) :cool: