GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
After replacing my rear shocks the knocking noise went away from the right rear. You could bounce it before and make the sound, but not anymore. Now after a few days of driving there is a crazy creaking sound coming from that area. I already took the shock back out to inspect the mount/tightness... everything looked fine. IONO

torga

Autocross Champion
After replacing my rear shocks the knocking noise went away from the right rear. You could bounce it before and make the sound, but not anymore. Now after a few days of driving there is a crazy creaking sound coming from that area. I already took the shock back out to inspect the mount/tightness... everything looked fine. IONO

Fix one thing and another thing promptly breaks. The perpetual game of whack-a-mole is our life.

the-mandalorian-this-is-the-way.gif

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
FINALLY got all the charge pipes and intake sorted. This took me ALOT of time to figure out. I must have rerouted things about 10 times before settling on this.

I also replaced the Integrated Engineering valve cover in favor of the Jaaatt Engineering cover. This one offers 4x the baffling, has the port on the drive side, and has a machined face finish, and ARP hardware, which I prefer.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I broke my rear level sensor when messing with my rear coils awhile ago so when I was driving somewhere last night my headlights were aimed at the ground, I had to drive with my highbeams until I got home and used OBDeleven to level them out.

anyway just a reminder to all you cool cats and kittens with xenon lights

Phur

Autocross Champion
#eurodistrictprep

Wash with ONR

Decon with the remainder of a bottle of CarPro IronX LS (the stuff works great but smells horrible)

Ran out of CarPro and did the hatch with a new bottle of Adam’s Iron Remover. The stuff is a total joke. I used half a bottle just on the hatch and it still didn’t get it all. No bad smell. It just smells like orange koolaide, but the koolaide would probably do a better job.

Clayed the whole car using clay lube concentration of ONR. Worked really well.

Put a coat of OptiSeal on the car. Not my first rodeo. It’s crazy how far this stuff stretches.

I finished with a coat of P&S Beadmaker. This is the first time that I have ever used the stuff. Love love love it! So slick! So glossy! 🤤🤤🤤

likkleindian

Go Kart Champion
#eurodistrictprep

Wash with ONR

Decon with the remainder of a bottle of CarPro IronX LS (the stuff works great but smells horrible)

Ran out of CarPro and did the hatch with a new bottle of Adam’s Iron Remover. The stuff is a total joke. I used half a bottle just on the hatch and it still didn’t get it all. No bad smell. It just smells like orange koolaide, but the koolaide would probably do a better job.

Clayed the whole car using clay lube concentration of ONR. Worked really well.

Put a coat of OptiSeal on the car. Not my first rodeo. It’s crazy how far this stuff stretches.

I finished with a coat of P&S Beadmaker. This is the first time that I have ever used the stuff. Love love love it! So slick! So glossy! 🤤🤤🤤
Pics?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

He tried but his first attempt was with the flash on and the car is so shiny now the light from the flash was magnified and sent back to his camera lens and it destroyed his phone 😮

Phur

Autocross Champion

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Finally got time to work on the MK6 a little.

- Installed the front Bilstein struts - upper bolt was seized and took forever to drill and split that thing
- Installed a Neuspeed turbo outlet pipe
- Washed and clayed the car - prepping for paint correction (Don't think it has ever been done)
- Did a bunch of little VCDS tweeks to the car (Comfort windows, 4 blinks on turn tap, etc)

Looked up and noticed the typical VW headliner starting to separate. Guess I will have to add that to the list of things to do.

Phur

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
EuroDistrict was awesome! I got a TCU tune, which feels amazing! I got some really cool shots afterward, as well.
1633837874129.jpeg

Phur

Autocross Champion
Man your car looks great! I'm a fan of ONR products. Is it the Bead Maker that makes your car pop? Once the weather cools here I'm going to do the pre-winter detailing.
The Beadmaker definitely looks amazing. In my honest opinion though, I think that the main reason that my car really does pop so much is because of the care that I have put into the clear coat. If it has microscratches, they will create a haze. I polished mine out right after I got the car and it made an immediate difference. When I got the car back from having deer damage repaired, I noticed a couple of months later that the side that they painted didn’t seem to have the same level of gloss. It didn’t have any microscratches, but I had more orange peel than the rest of the car. I actually wet sanded and polished back out that side of the car and the difference was night and day.

So the long and short of it… take care of your clear coat. Decontamination is a must. Touch your car as little as possible.