GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Where did you get the plaid shift boot, and how did you find the installation of it? I saw another user on here with it and I like the look

Etsy has some. I found a seller that had both MK6 and MK7 plaid.

I got mine from stitch boots. Very high quality but was a PITA to install because it is so thick.

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Where did you get the plaid shift boot, and how did you find the installation of it? I saw another user on here with it and I like the look
Got it off Etsy
install was easy enough, although I would watch a video first. I wasn’t expecting to encounter large staples. Little embarrassing to admit.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion

I got mine from stitch boots. Very high quality but was a PITA to install because it is so thick.

File this under......why on earth wasn't this done/available from VW from the get go....love it!!!!

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
File this under......why on earth wasn't this done/available from VW from the get go....love it!!!!
Honestly they could have charged a handsome upcharge for this and tons of people would have gone for this option. Just looks sooooo right

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion

Was it you that had a Euro Impulse shifter paired with that boot before?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Was it you that had a Euro Impulse shifter paired with that boot before?

Yes. Didn’t like the EI knob so I sold it and went back to the OE knob. It looked nice but that was about it. Bought it used and it was originally black but the sun turned it a nice bronze color.

613A9F1C-A49B-4200-99FA-98E2A09642F2.jpeg

CAC60AC6-C21B-47DB-830E-FEE2425E28F8.jpeg

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Yes. Didn’t like the EI knob so I sold it and went back to the OE knob. It looked nice but that was about it. Bought it used and it was originally black but the sun turned it a nice bronze color.

View attachment 166565

View attachment 166566
You mind me asking what you didn't like about it? I generally like the look of it and don't mind the fading to bronze/copper colour

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
You mind me asking what you didn't like about it? I generally like the look of it and don't mind the fading to bronze/copper colour
If you like the look of the Euro Impulse knob you might also consider the ECS knobs. Here's mine. Still looks like the day it was installed. They have an option without the leather surround and different color base rings I think.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Didn’t like the shape. I didn’t know I had a preference but all my manual cars have had a more ball type knob which I prefer. I find the OEM VW one to be very comfortable so I think I’ll just keep it. It did get very cold which was a little annoying but if I liked the feel I would have dealt with it.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Honestly they could have charged a handsome upcharge for this and tons of people would have gone for this option. Just looks sooooo right

You look at what folks are doing in Resto Mods, using period materials and fun cloth inserts that are purpose built and tested on interiors like the stuff from Singer & Icon. I'd love to have the option to personalize with something that suits the heritage of the brand and honours my taste. Thanks for sharing!!!

zrickety

The Fixer
I picked up some aluminum Passat knuckles/spindles for the current car. I discovered not all salvage yards use the oem part numbers. I put those in first and got about 6 results. Tried again with various wording and found a bunch more, some at half the price. Although Passat parts stop fitting at 2010, I learned the CC has the same ones to 2017. Got mine for $36 shipped each, killer deal.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/09-17-Volk...Hub-Front-Left-Driver-OEM-Passat/164034518801

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I picked up some aluminum Passat knuckles/spindles for the current car. I discovered not all salvage yards use the oem part numbers. I put those in first and got about 6 results. Tried again with various wording and found a bunch more, some at half the price. Although Passat parts stop fitting at 2010, I learned the CC has the same ones to 2017. Got mine for $36 shipped each, killer deal.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/09-17-Volk...Hub-Front-Left-Driver-OEM-Passat/164034518801

What's the deal with these weight savings? How much?

zrickety

The Fixer
I forget the weight difference, there's a thread somewhere. They also have sharper steering, as the tie rod geometry is shorter. And they are stronger, APR uses these on their touring race cars.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Car inspection, oil change.

Great dealership does both for free as long as you own the car.