GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Dang they looked like they might be a biatch to me. They were pretty easy when the windshield was out.

They look like they went in without the windshield in because of the way the hook is. I should have left the bottom part in and just fished the wire that way but I pulled the whole thing out.

get it back on?

Not yet. Buttoned up everything else up and I need to find my extra long screw driver so I can try to press the hook in from the bottom/side.

torga

Autocross Champion
Ugh, got a ding on my pass. side fender. No idea when it happened because I just noticed it today when getting in my car to run an errand. As always, I have excellent luck and it's right on the seam. I guess 18 months is a pretty good record for first asshole to ding my car and pretend like it's not their problem.
IMG_20200426_120341.jpg

Looks like a combination of my paint scraped away and their paint deposited - I feel high and low spots.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
get it back on?

Got it 👍. Took like 5 min after struggling for an hour last night. Once you find the magic orientation you’re good to go.

Finished hard wire install of radar detector. Will update build thread with more details. Went with a mirror mount so that I can hopefully still use my sun shade.

A3D143FC-94F5-43BA-97A0-1DA54A1329CE.jpeg

Added a switch cause this thing gets chatty in town!!

257B03AC-57E3-4593-8318-0DA95D67956C.jpeg

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Ugh, got a ding on my pass. side fender. No idea when it happened because I just noticed it today when getting in my car to run an errand. As always, I have excellent luck and it's right on the seam. I guess 18 months is a pretty good record for first asshole to ding my car and pretend like it's not their problem.
View attachment 171347

Looks like a combination of my paint scraped away and their paint deposited - I feel high and low spots.

That sucks, people just don't care about others belongings. I'd suggest trying a PDR guy. They can work wonders. You'll have to add some touch up paint, but it will look much better that it does now.

torga

Autocross Champion
That sucks, people just don't care about others belongings. I'd suggest trying a PDR guy. They can work wonders. You'll have to add some touch up paint, but it will look much better that it does now.
Thanks, will do once there's some sense of normal in the world again. I've been snoozing on buying some Dr. ColorChip for other, small chips here and there.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
View attachment 171347

Ouch. looks like a damage caused by one of the bottom edges of an SUV/truck door. Swung it wide open with zero consideration for the car parked next to it. Some people just don’t care.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
View attachment 171347

SO SHITTY! People suck so bad. Every time I look at my car I find a new ding. Soooo frustrating. And they are always the tiny little ones you can't just pull.

Got it 👍. Took like 5 min after struggling for an hour last night. Once you find the magic orientation you’re good to go.

Finished hard wire install of radar detector. Will update build thread with more details. Went with a mirror mount so that I can hopefully still use my sun shade.

View attachment 171348

Added a switch cause this thing gets chatty in town!!

View attachment 171349
This is a sweet install. May need to get you to give me a hand with one eventually here.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Dunno - bought the car from a friend who had moved out of town. Friend's dad was the one who replaced the packs and plugs before purchase, after a stall while coming to a stop on the test drive with him in the car.

Noted. NGK Iridiums @ 0.28" right?
It could also be a few other things. How old is your PCV? I would try replacing the diaphragm with the EKX diaphragm. Also, did you make sure your MAF was put back in all the way? A improperly seated MAF will wreak havoc in these cars. Are you pulling any codes yet?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
SO SHITTY! People suck so bad. Every time I look at my car I find a new ding. Soooo frustrating. And they are always the tiny little ones you can't just pull.

This is a sweet install. May need to get you to give me a hand with one eventually here.
i have a similar setup. stupid easy. i have a suction cup mount instead.

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
Unibrace UB installed, minor improvement . The chassis feels stronger , definitely noticeable to all car enthusiast.
GFB DV+ installed, the boost is faster and holds better.
Rebuild rear caliper and painted to black.

Did two alignments in different shops (one uses the Hunter alignment machine) , tires all in same air pressure, but the car still pulls to the left. Any idea what may be causing it?

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Like Ugly said it’s stupid easy. I’ll be updating my build thread today if work is not to busy and will be adding some of my likes and dislikes with the radar detector. It is not perfect but did save my ass the other day when I wanted to do a little pull 👍.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Got burned by an older man in a 335 yesterday when ripping around town. Got a slow start cause I didn't know he wanted to go, and wasn't pushing all the way to red. But man it made me eager to start modding my car gotta get a tune soon

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
It could also be a few other things. How old is your PCV? I would try replacing the diaphragm with the EKX diaphragm. Also, did you make sure your MAF was put back in all the way? A improperly seated MAF will wreak havoc in these cars. Are you pulling any codes yet?

MAF stayed in the stock housing.

Codes:

P2177 - System too lean off idle, Bank 1
P0300 - Random/Multiple Cyl Misfire
P0302 - Cyl 2 misfire
P0303 - Cyl 3 misfire
P0304 - Cyl 4 misfire
P050A - Cold Start Idle Air Control System Performance

Between P2177 and the P050A I think I need to go back and double check my intake work.

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Got burned by an older man in a 335 yesterday when ripping around town. Got a slow start cause I didn't know he wanted to go, and wasn't pushing all the way to red. But man it made me eager to start modding my car gotta get a tune soon
I have a friend with a 335 with a tune and DP. I don’t think my GTI will ever keep up.