GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT IS THIS NOISE!? PLEASE HELP.

RMTM12

Passed Driver's Ed
I bet that code is p0299.. I agree with Phoenix, I have blown my hose of from there before. Yes, they do make aftermarket silicone boost hoses. That hose is held in place with a clip. You can buy just the green gasket that goes on there from local steelership but may not need that. Just unclip push in firmly and push clip back in place.

You guys freaking rock!! I'll do it and see if that takes care of it!

Thanks a million. This forum and all the users have already saved me so much $!

RMTM12

Passed Driver's Ed
The intercooler outlet hose. I may clip it back on and then add this to the cart from ECS tuning to come with my manifold and OBD ?.

Probably not much of a gain, really. But, I'm gonna start putting new stuff on it where I can !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200229-211714_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200229-211714_Google.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 102

RMTM12

Passed Driver's Ed
The outlet hose in this diagram is on the passenger side.

Just like the hose that's loose on my car.

You're saying the diagram is wrong?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
That diagram is for the gen 3 TSI engines like the MK7 GTI so totally different from our cars. Also you'll still have to retain the clip and coupler design even with silicone intercooler pipes (which are just cosmetic upgrades) because that's what the factory intercooler uses.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
The IC inlet is on the passenger side of the car. Comes from the turbo and down to the IC all on passenger side. IC outlet is on driver's side come out of IC and headed towards center of car ending up at the throttle body.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Yea, there is just an adapter to fit hoses to the stock IC. But Iike stated still the same weak link which shouldn't be an issue even with stage 2. The only way around not using stock clips is get aftermarket intercooler. Which isnt really needed less you have big plans. Just fix stock

RMTM12

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, so update. I reattached the hose and that didnt fix the problem. So the search continues.

Mine has the old diverter valve so I'm going to ahead and replace it to get ahead of the game.

Is this the correct revision for our MK6 GTI 2012??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200304-091351_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200304-091351_Chrome.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 64

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
ahh the dv didnt cross my mind. Looks like the right one. I would slide under the car and remove the old dv and check to see if that’s your problem. No use in throwing money aimlessly.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
You need to invest in a code reader before you go any further...
I would say yes it "looks" correct, just make sure you have correct year ect put in the ECS search

RMTM12

Passed Driver's Ed
So, I finally got an OBDELEVEN! Scan came back what I thought.

P2015
P2004
U102F

Intake manifold being replaced tomorrow.

So, unless the codes above could cause that sound, everything came back normal.

Thoughts? Thank you, again guys.

RMTM12

Passed Driver's Ed
Also, when I put the hose back in. This is what it looked like. I'm almost afraid to ask...