GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which car that you used to own do you miss the most?

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
It was mint and the only reason I got rid of it was because my wife back then said it was unnecessary and we needed to free the money up for house upgrades. Sigh.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It was mint and the only reason I got rid of it was because my wife back then said it was unnecessary and we needed to free the money up for house upgrades. Sigh.
If you know what you're doing and fix the
1. Subframe
2. Vanos
3. Rod bearings

They are solid cars that are surely bound to be classics.

Mmm Dat 4.6 DOHC... I had a variant of that motor in my Mark 8... great engine.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Hmm either my 1986 Acura Legend because it was my first car and because of course it was legend-waitforit-dary. Or my 2002 Acura RSX(first new car) which was taken away from me early by a drunk driver slamming into it.

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
For me, a Ruby Pearl '91 Nissan Sentra SER. Plain Jane exterior, two doors, roll-up windows, able to outrun 4 cylinder BMWs, out handled my 86 GTI, just perfectly balanced. cheap to buy, cheap to drive, huge grins. Too bad Nissan has lost its way...

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
If you know what you're doing and fix the
1. Subframe
2. Vanos
3. Rod bearings

They are solid cars that are surely bound to be classics.

Mmm Dat 4.6 DOHC... I had a variant of that motor in my Mark 8... great engine.

Rod bearings weren't a problem on later E46's iirc. The subframe already had a Turner motor sports reinforcement kit and I had a DR. Vanos retrofit as well. All preventative. Whoever got my M was a lucky bastard.

FNR32

Ready to race!
My Mk4 R32

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Rod bearings weren't a problem on later E46's iirc. The subframe already had a Turner motor sports reinforcement kit and I had a DR. Vanos retrofit as well. All preventative. Whoever got my M was a lucky bastard.

Comes out the later cars have issues too :-( and ya that guy was

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I was actually looking for an r32 before I got my m. but I couldn't
Justify 15k...

Merkle

Banned

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!

(Google image)

91 tercel 4 speed manual transmission.

Bought it for $700 in 06.

Had 230k miles.

Got about 38 mpg.

Never needed anything except oil changes.

Insurance was like an additional 40 bucks a month(or less)

Me n my buddy that passed away used to work on it together (interior trim, stereo, electronics etc)

Passed it on to my brother when he got his license and he used it to deliver pizzas, then I got it back, let it sit for 2 years then replaced the battery and sold it to my friend who used it as his commuter for his union painting job, now his dad owns it.

Nothing like early 90's Japanese cars for bulletproof reliability.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Lame. I haven't been on the forum in a few years. Lol oh well, they still made out like a bandit on my preventative measures.

I wouldn't mind an E92 to make my feelings better.

They have rod bearing issues too... lol I wouldn't be too surprised if they get sub frame issues as well

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
My 2004 Jeep TJ. Light khaki metallic, black wheels, 31s, 3 inch lift.

Almost a lemon, but loved it and miss it every day.