GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would you buy this car again?

waffleman

Ready to race!
ONLY VOTE IF YOU HAVE OVER 10,000 miles!!!

For me, it's a definite yes.

I now have about 10,500 miles.

I really like the handling, power, quiet ride. I think the ride good, even with the 19 inch tires (not too harsh of a ride). I really enjoy the manual transmission which is smooth and precise. I just finished a round trip from Washington DC area to Charlotte NC (400 miles each way) and was extremely pleased with the ride on the highway - very comfortable , quiet ride. The seats are great for long trips. I am also very happy with the cloth seats which don't get too hot in the summer (we've been roasting in 100F weather past few weeks) or too cold in the winter. The car was great in snow this winter (and boy, did we get alot of it this winter).

Issues: the rear nozzle drip, I am waiting for the parts. A slight rattle from the front dash which comes and goes. I will eventually have the dealer look at it.

:burnrubber:

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
If the mito gta ever makes it to the us I'll have some trouble until then I'm content with gti and vw.

RatherBeInCabo

Ready to race!
I am 4 months in and would definitely do it again. No more BMW's for me.

roadking26

Passed Driver's Ed
ABSOLUTELY WOULD. I bought mine on Halloween day 2009, and he just turned over 10k miles. I've had a few of the relatively trivial issues that a lot of others have had, and I chalk them up as typical new-car issues. My first VW was an 84 GTI and I loved that car -- I love the MkVI just as much if not more. Great car for the money and like I said I'd definitely do it again.

scbastv

Ready to race!
Vote? how about a poll?

agreed!

in the mean time...i am just about at 15,000 miles and i LOVE this car...

i would totally buy it again, only difference is the order in which i would do my mods:D

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
In a heart beat. But this time with a sunroof lol

MofoG23

Ready to race!
Sorry, I do not need 10k for me to make that decision.

Yes - without thinking twice.

VDub905

Passed Driver's Ed
I would buy this car again. but I would make some changes in terms of what I got with the car. I'd try and get some Euro-spec changes. Things like the Euro cloth headrests, Euro Switch, headlight washers. I had my car custom built, but didn't try for any of these options. None of them would be difficult to do really. But considering that we have the inserts for the washers, the euro switch and headrests are just plug and go.....

Aside from that, I love my "little beast" and couldn't see buying anything else for that price.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
No

sportriderseattle

Passed Driver's Ed
YES --- just shy of 10K and 4-1/2 months old. Who wouidn't at 45-50 mpg combined and what the car has to offer at this price.