GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i dont need no stinking support bracket.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Anyone had replaced their N75 valve before? How hard is it?

I am suspecting that mine is going bad because I’m getting boost fluttering in high boost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Anyone had replaced their N75 valve before? How hard is it?

I am suspecting that mine is going bad because I’m getting boost fluttering in high boost...

Its on the turbo. It would be a million times easier if the turbo is off the car.
Boost fluttering, could you elaborate. You sure its not a dv thing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Its on the turbo. It would be a million times easier if the turbo is off the car.

I just took mine off a few weeks ago when doing the turbo muffler delete. definitely a pain in the ass. I would only pull it if you're sure it's the issue. Probably wont take too long but will make you want to bring your car to a toyota dealership and get a prius.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!

Sure !! Basically the boost will fluctuate about 2-3 psi when I go into boost...

So I was worried about the wastegate on my K04 going bad...

I took it to a shop and had them check it out, I was told that wastegate looks good, no boost leak, they checked all the piping and can’t figure out what was wrong with it.

So I did some googling and it seems like the next logic thing to replace would be the N75..

What do you guys think?

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
can't hurt but no telling if it will fix the symptoms

Yeah that’s what I thought, for 40 bucks I don’t really mind, but after trying to google a DIY for it...

Seems like it’s buried deep in there and a b**ch to replace...

smanierre

Autocross Champion
and if you do DIY the community might be thankful if you made a "how i did this" for the youtube archive...

You can basically follow the instructions for a turbo muffler delete, at least the CTS one has you take the N75 off

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
if you have skinny arms and access to a lift, i think its right above the DV IIRC?

Unfortunately I don’t have both lol

You can basically follow the instructions for a turbo muffler delete, at least the CTS one has you take the N75 off

Thanks ! I’ll take a look at that after work today !!