GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

lleron

Ready to race!
Yikes, 8 tune revisions and you're still having limp mode issues?

Might be making that call to a local cobb pro tuner sooner than I thought..

Sorry, to clarify the limp mode issues went away after the first revision. However, there is still some driveability issues that I was told are difficult to tune out as they can't really be captured/felt on the logs.

jeez

Ready to race!
Coming back from auto parts store to get a missing torx 30 bit to install the new PCV and see if it fixes the issue...

...I got rear ended.

FML

All people involved okay. Trunk is slammed shut...also the exhaust changed its sound a little...gotta take it and see what needs to be done. 2000 Xterra wasn't paying attention and just rammed me. I was stopped waiting to merge. Some people...he had 2 kids in the car too!!

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Coming back from auto parts store to get a missing torx 30 bit to install the new PCV and see if it fixes the issue...

...I got rear ended.

FML

All people involved okay. Trunk is slammed shut...also the exhaust changed its sound a little...gotta take it and see what needs to be done. 2000 Xterra wasn't paying attention and just rammed me. I was stopped waiting to merge. Some people...he had 2 kids in the car too!!

Ahh man sorry to hear that! That really sucks! Well their insurance defiantly should be fixing your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!

...I got rear ended.

FML

Noooooo!! That's major suckage. Hope it works out for you, that's a big PITA.

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
That was 100% of it. PCV valve failures have very non-specific driveability symptoms, it can be pretty infuriating.

Still running lean though. What I don't understand now is if it's the tune itself, or mechanical problem. Not going back to stock to find out, hopefully the second MAF tune will clear things up.

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe 90% of it. A day after the work was done I'm seeing:

P0101 Mass of volumetric Air flow Circ. Range/Performance.
P2177 System too lean off idle, Bank 1

Someone mentioned that their PCV return routing was the problem. I'm going to reach out to COBB one more time before returning their intake and trying another one.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Maybe 90% of it. A day after the work was done I'm seeing:

P0101 Mass of volumetric Air flow Circ. Range/Performance.
P2177 System too lean off idle, Bank 1

Someone mentioned that their PCV return routing was the problem. I'm going to reach out to COBB one more time before returning their intake and trying another one.

I know it's a long shot and I apologize if you already did this. Make sure stratified is tuning in for the correct maf sensor. I have the stock maf and my first couple revisions were tuned for Cobb's larger maf and it caused some problems. Doesn't hurt to have them verify.

If the aren't tuning for the extra 1/2 inch or so of flow you'd definitely run lean.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I know it's a long shot and I apologize if you already did this. Make sure stratified is tuning in for the correct maf sensor. I have the stock maf and my first couple revisions were tuned for Cobb's larger maf and it caused some problems. Doesn't hurt to have them verify.

If the aren't tuning for the extra 1/2 inch or so of flow you'd definitely run lean.

In addition, have you cleaned your MAF lately?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

vermontmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
COBB says I'm one of the few people with a mk6 that their cold-air intake throws similar codes with. I'll ask COBB about the airflow straightener, maybe try that before going back to stock.

MAF is clean/ok.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Boys, just bought a cobb accessport for the low. Next up is buying this stratified protune and goes in the k04. [emoji275]

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Probably leave it alone for a long time ??*♂️

Lol that's what we all say. "Last mod I swear"