GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

A@ron

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if when installing an aftermarket head unit, and using idatalink maestro, does it retain the use of the factory amp for dynaudio cars? I have seen things saying it would work, and some saying it wouldn't. Just want to make sure before I drop thousands on a system.

Depending on what you’re looking for in a new HU, the RCD330+ is a great OEM option for $225 and was a straight swap with my old RNS315 in my ‘13 GTI w/ Dynaudio.

Check out this thread:

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?t=110801&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dancunn

metal bracket thing attached to back seat

heres a stupid question. what is this metal bracket thing that is attached to the back of the back seat? see attached pic for what i mean (not actually my car).

Attachments

• 2017-07-14_12-47-32.jpg
    2017-07-14_12-47-32.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 106

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone know if when installing an aftermarket head unit, and using idatalink maestro, does it retain the use of the factory amp for dynaudio cars? I have seen things saying it would work, and some saying it wouldn't. Just want to make sure before I drop thousands on a system.

I have a Pioneer NEX 6100 deck in my Dynaudio equipped car using idatalink maestro and it works perfectly fine.

ahard48

Ready to race!
So I bought my car used from dealer and for some reason I don't think my sways are stock. They are red and have three holes that looks like different stiffness settings. I've looked and none of the stock sways look the same. Car came with apr 1 intake... couldn't get a better pick, car is on coils and didn't jack it up

IMG_0293.JPG

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
So I bought my car used from dealer and for some reason I don't think my sways are stock. They are red and have three holes that looks like different stiffness settings.
That's definitely not the stock bar.

Looks like an APR to me. The other red bars i know of aren't 3-way adjustable.

ahard48

Ready to race!
That's definitely not the stock bar.

Looks like an APR to me. The other red bars i know of aren't 3-way adjustable.

Right, the more i have looked into it the more i know it cant be. It seems to be the old apr sway bar. Same with the fronts. I guess thats a perk, but just looks old front NY weather. Makes me want to clean it...

ahard48

Ready to race!
I had my water pump replaced today at the dealer because of the recalls and (like an idiot) didn't pop the hood to check everything until I got home. So I get home and find that my coolant is below the minimum line in the tank. Is this a concern? Go back tomorrow and ask them to fill it up?

How far below min? If you dont have any at home i'd say go back and have them fill it up. They should have checked as well when completing the job.

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
The previous owner of my car had the back seat removed, and a brace running across. When I got the car, the brace was gone, and the seats were back in place. My problem is that every time I put down the seats to fit something large in the back they pop out from the center and don't fold back up correctly. At the base of the seat backs there is a little circle metal nub that rotates in a U shaped metal piece attached to the car. My question is, is there supposed to be a retaining clip or something that prevents the seats from popping out of that bracket? I have to manually climb in the back and align them each time and its a pain in the ass.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
The previous owner of my car had the back seat removed, and a brace running across. When I got the car, the brace was gone, and the seats were back in place. My problem is that every time I put down the seats to fit something large in the back they pop out from the center and don't fold back up correctly. At the base of the seat backs there is a little circle metal nub that rotates in a U shaped metal piece attached to the car. My question is, is there supposed to be a retaining clip or something that prevents the seats from popping out of that bracket? I have to manually climb in the back and align them each time and its a pain in the ass.

Pics wouild help