GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Today's package delivery. Forgot I ordered some g17 fuel additive too.

Gotta love that fast and nicely packaged box from fcpeuro

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jay745

How’s the Ceratec? I’m a Motul guy but that stuff has me interested.
I dont know, first time using it. I've been a motul guy for the life of this car but with all the heat issues I'm having figured I'd try something new. Heard only good things about ceratec.

jay745

Changed the reservoir and did a coolant flush + vp cool down additive. I'm not convinced the reservoir was the issue as it wasn't leaking when I pulled it and flipped it upside down etc. It was very discolored and had visual stress marks from the heat though so replacing it couldn't hurt. Still a bit weary that I have a gremlin hiding somewhere though.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm curious to know if you have any thoughts about the CeraTec. I've always thought and read that additives like that tend to be snake oil, so I'm always skeptical.

I'm on the Liqui-Moly Leichtlauf tip myself.

cchase__

Ready to race!
Better to just get the green oil ECS page says *** Not to be used with Liqui Moly Molygen Engine Oil - Molygen already includes friction modifiers

jay745

I'm curious to know if you have any thoughts about the CeraTec. I've always thought and read that additives like that tend to be snake oil, so I'm always skeptical.

I'm on the Liqui-Moly Leichtlauf tip myself.
One of the guys I track with said his compression went up a bit after using. We'll see, its a preventive thing really, I'm not having issues currently.

Better to just get the green oil ECS page says *** Not to be used with Liqui Moly Molygen Engine Oil - Molygen already includes friction modifiers

Meh. That stuff seems more gimmicky to me. Used for troubleshooting leaks as it glows under blacklight. It's a fairly new product as well, I'd like to see a few years of oil analysis with someones long term use first.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I'll be swapping my coolant reservoir too. It's likely the stress cracks only open up under high heat.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Engine pic for no reason other than I'm bored and excited to go to grattan this weekend.

I can't zoom on my phone to see but what's the red cap infront of your intake?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jay745