GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
The once a year week of sales has started today (until the 26th) and here are the details. This is a thank you to our customers and friends for their support throughout the year!

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Probably not gonna hear it much, if at all, due to the cat and silencer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a COBB catted downpipe with the stock exhaust (all original from the downpipe). You can hear the crackles but it's not consistent. It only turns on when you're really hammering it but I cannot replicate it every time. Sometimes one pop, sometimes three. I can, however, replicate it all the time when I rev it during startup. It puts a smile to my face but not as much as my AMG. But for only $10, well worth the add. Probably not worth it for much more than that if you have a catted downpipe.

ksandman

Ready to race!
I have a COBB catted downpipe with the stock exhaust (all original from the downpipe). You can hear the crackles but it's not consistent. It only turns on when you're really hammering it but I cannot replicate it every time. Sometimes one pop, sometimes three. I can, however, replicate it all the time when I rev it during startup. It puts a smile to my face but not as much as my AMG. But for only $10, well worth the add. Probably not worth it for much more than that if you have a catted downpipe.

I have the Cobb turbo back and they’re there but not super loud, also inconsistent like you mentioned. It doesn’t compare to when I had a catless downpipe matted to the stock catback. The crackles were loud af when I was catless.

AMG crackles are the business.

93serprise

Ready to race!
I have a godspeed catless DP and a magna-flow muffler and the crackles are awesome :) They were even louder before I changed my faulty O2 sensor and was running rich. They sounded like shotgun blasts, lol.

ksandman

Ready to race!
Anyone in here with a k04 tuned by Alex want to chime in on the spool characteristics? I had a k04 about 6 months ago and sold it. It was fast but to be completely honest I felt like my k03 was faster. But that’s mainly due to the characteristics of a tiny turbo doin a full send of torque at like 2.5k rpms.

Flash forward a bit. I just went stage 2 again and flashed my Stratified stage 2 flash tune. The car feels insane until 100. I love it. My original intention of going k04 was to have this similar experience but with of course a lot more power.

My last tune was super linear. I definitely felt the torque and it was very fast, but after flashing my stage 2 flash tune, I can only wonder if my k04 wasn’t tuned to its fullest potential.

Is that just how the k04 performs? It was definitely fast but didn’t feel fast, so I guess my question is; did you feel like your k03 was faster because of the sudden onset of torque, or does you k04 jam out just like your k03 did?

I’ve been thinking about doing k04 again, but this high torque tune of the stock k03 rips. Wen I went k04 originally, I always felt like I wasted money, but maybe that was just how the car was tuned.

TLDR: does your k04 put you in your seat like a k03 high torque tune does?

Thanks!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Anyone in here with a k04 tuned by Alex want to chime in on the spool characteristics? I had a k04 about 6 months ago and sold it. It was fast but to be completely honest I felt like my k03 was faster. But that’s mainly due to the characteristics of a tiny turbo doin a full send of torque at like 2.5k rpms.

Flash forward a bit. I just went stage 2 again and flashed my Stratified stage 2 flash tune. The car feels insane until 100. I love it. My original intention of going k04 was to have this similar experience but with of course a lot more power.

My last tune was super linear. I definitely felt the torque and it was very fast, but after flashing my stage 2 flash tune, I can only wonder if my k04 wasn’t tuned to its fullest potential.

Is that just how the k04 performs? It was definitely fast but didn’t feel fast, so I guess my question is; did you feel like your k03 was faster because of the sudden onset of torque, or does you k04 jam out just like your k03 did?

I’ve been thinking about doing k04 again, but this high torque tune of the stock k03 rips. Wen I went k04 originally, I always felt like I wasted money, but maybe that was just how the car was tuned.

TLDR: does your k04 put you in your seat like a k03 high torque tune does?

Thanks!

I have no experience with K04 but from what others say, it should definitely put you in your seat more than the k03 and be significantly faster. It's still a small turbo and the torque spike on it is greater than the k03, just don't think it spools quite as early.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ksandman

Ready to race!
I have no experience with K04 but from what others say, it should definitely put you in your seat more than the k03 and be significantly faster. It's still a small turbo and the torque spike on it is greater than the k03, just don't think it spools quite as early.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

The power was so smooth and linear on my k04 setup that it was almost boring to drive at times, even though it was a lot faster and I knew it was quick from a few cars I had raced. I did always have a feeling that going k04 wasn’t worth it, and that is based on the feeling from my butt dyno. Now I’m just questioning the way it was tuned instead of the upgrade itself. I knew there would be a slower spool time, but there was no drama/excitement when boost came on. It just got progressively faster and faster through the rpm range, which isn’t a bad thing, just not fun and rowdy like a tuned k03.

pdan

Ready to race!
I still plan on going k04 in the future, but I do agree that rowdy is a pretty good way to describe a stage 2 k03. Still puts a smile on my face every time it spools, lurches, and just goes.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
The spool difference between a K03 and K04 is there but it is not something that would get in the way of driveability or a wide powerband. The K04 past 3.5-4k RPM will definitely widen the torque gap to the K03 and the deeper into the powerband you go the wider that performance gap as the K04 can flow quite a bit more.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The spool difference between a K03 and K04 is there but it is not something that would get in the way of driveability or a wide powerband. The K04 past 3.5-4k RPM will definitely widen the torque gap to the K03 and the deeper into the powerband you go the wider that performance gap as the K04 can flow quite a bit more.

What turbo would you recommend for a more "Turbo rowdy" feel... not so linear and smooth like the k03/k04 but more of what you expect where it throws you back into your seat kinda old school turbo times.

Is that more of a big turbo kinda thing like a gtx28/30?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
What turbo would you recommend for a more "Turbo rowdy" feel... not so linear and smooth like the k03/k04 but more of what you expect where it throws you back into your seat kinda old school turbo times.

Is that more of a big turbo kinda thing like a gtx28/30?

A lot of people describe the 3071 as kinda giving this feeling. The more you get into the powerband, the more it pulls. Could also probably get that out of a 2867 as well, just probably not as much. Deciding between the 2 would probably be what you want for spool and what you want for power.