GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Wow yeah wow. Skipped lunch to rearrange entire apartment. Wife mentioned it and didn’t tell her I was doing it. Can’t wait to hear her reaction when she gets home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero
Wow yeah wow. Skipped lunch to rearrange entire apartment. Wife mentioned it and didn’t tell her I was doing it. Can’t wait to hear her reaction when she gets home.

Our office is a mess. Papers need to be filed, things need to be put away. I should WFH one day and do the same during my lunch break lol. Also need to get my lawn care stuff ready for the season.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

lol
It was beyond terrible
bingo
This. Was a joke.
bingo

Our office is a mess. Papers need to be filed, things need to be put away. I should WFH one day and do the same during my lunch break lol. Also need to get my lawn care stuff ready for the season.
Same man , its bad.

Need to do our annual goodwill donation clean out.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Omni:

Oh dang!

Yeap.

I bought it with 6k miles on it as an ex-VW corporate program car. Took it to WA and back, met my wife with it, and it became her car for a long time. We put 100k on it then sold it to my dad. He's put another 100k or more on it.

Jr. turns 15 in a few weeks, and in a year, is gonna need a car. Dad wants to give it to him. Saves me from having to buy him a car so... works for me. I know the history of the car - hopefully he won't completely destroy it.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Same man , its bad.

Need to do our annual goodwill donation clean out.

My home office is pretty much always a mess.

My workspaces tend to be messy to begin with, which doesn't help.

My desk at home also becomes the wife's dumping grounds for everything she wants me to deal with, but doesn't want to tell me to my face that she wants me to deal with it. She'll just leave it on my desk when I'm not looking, and then weeks later, "What do you mean you didn't do it? I left it on your desk weeks ago!"

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yeap.

I bought it with 6k miles on it as an ex-VW corporate program car. Took it to WA and back, met my wife with it, and it became her car for a long time. We put 100k on it then sold it to my dad. He's put another 100k or more on it.

Jr. turns 15 in a few weeks, and in a year, is gonna need a car. Dad wants to give it to him. Saves me from having to buy him a car so... works for me. I know the history of the car - hopefully he won't completely destroy it.

hockey puck slam with a huge wing. stickerbombed quarters.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Yeap.

Is it going to be a car for him to wrench on as well as a DD for school? If so, he probably won’t destroy it. Mod the hell out of it maybe, but if he’s doing the work I’m guessing he won’t destroy it.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Is it going to be a car for him to wrench on as well as a DD for school? If so, he probably won’t destroy it. Mod the hell out of it maybe, but if he’s doing the work I’m guessing he won’t destroy it.

Well it's mostly stock. It's got a Revo tune in it, and a "sport" spring/shock/strut combo (I can't remember who sold the kit but my dad replaced it with the same thing about 2 years ago). So it sits a little lower than stock and rides nice.

Also has a SSK, and a very nice Alpine stereo. Used to have a Porsche BBK on it but Dad didn't like the attention it drew so he pulled it (and I sold it to Teh Lamb).

I imagine he'll want to tint it (it could use tints) and who knows what else. He's already asked, "Grandpa's car has a tune already, right?"

He'll probably autocross it with us so it might get a set of rims with sticky tires at some point.

Ah damn. You beat me to it.

LOL

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
My home office is pretty much always a mess.

My workspaces tend to be messy to begin with, which doesn't help.

My desk at home also becomes the wife's dumping grounds for everything she wants me to deal with, but doesn't want to tell me to my face that she wants me to deal with it. She'll just leave it on my desk when I'm not looking, and then weeks later, "What do you mean you didn't do it? I left it on your desk weeks ago!"

lol at bolded part^ . I can relate . My game room/office has become a room for drying clothes and storage room apparently. lol

You watch Drive To Survive on Netlix yet? Starting Episode 4 tonight :thumbsup:

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Well it's mostly stock. It's got a Revo tune in it, and a "sport" spring/shock/strut combo (I can't remember who sold the kit but my dad replaced it with the same thing about 2 years ago). So it sits a little lower than stock and rides nice.

Also has a SSK, and a very nice Alpine stereo. Used to have a Porsche BBK on it but Dad didn't like the attention it drew so he pulled it (and I sold it to Teh Lamb).

I imagine he'll want to tint it (it could use tints) and who knows what else. He's already asked, "Grandpa's car has a tune already, right?"

He'll probably autocross it with us so it might get a set of rims with sticky tires at some point.

LOL

Three generations of autocrossers is amazing! Y’all will have some seriously good times and memories together.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
lol at bolded part^ . I can relate . My game room/office has become a room for drying clothes and storage room apparently. lol

You watch Drive To Survive on Netlix yet? Starting Episode 4 tonight :thumbsup:

All this. My wife puts anything on my desk. Literally anything. So annoying. Then asks me as my desk is now in the middle of the living room “you going to keep it clean right??” I had nothing nice to say so I just said “yes dear”

clownish

just clowning around
I need to buy a paper shredder. I have a huge pile of papers on the floor of my home office. Like... embarrassingly large that I’ve left because I’ve intended to buy one for months but haven’t. Y’all are reminding me.

Jaber

Modero
I need to buy a paper shredder. I have a huge pile of papers on the floor of my home office. Like... embarrassingly large that I’ve left because I’ve intended to buy one for months but haven’t. Y’all are reminding me.

I hate emptying our shredder. So I usually wait until it's at max lol... Luckily in our area, they usually have a paper shredding event that is free. So I'll take big bags of shit that I need to shred.

Status
Not open for further replies.