GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Anyone with splash guards... how much off the bottom of the frame/bumper do they protrude?

Also i swear ive seen two types of OEM splash guards, one "shorter" than the other. Am i making this up or is that actually a thing?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
is there supposed to be a retaining clip or something that prevents the seats from popping out of that bracket?

Yes
There is a cover/bracket and then a screw that holds them down

I think the part number is 5K0886193 for that cover/bracket, but I don't know the size of the screw.
Ask your dealer

There's also a plastic cover (trim piece) that goes over that too, if you want as well....I believe that is 8P0886197

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Yes
There is a cover/bracket and then a screw that holds them down

I think the part number is 5K0886193 for that cover/bracket, but I don't know the size of the screw.
Ask your dealer

There's also a plastic cover (trim piece) that goes over that too, if you want as well....I believe that is 8P0886197

You have answered so many of my questions, and have been incredibly helpful since I bought this car. Thank you so much!:thumbsup:

Renck

Ready to race!
Here is your crazy request for the day:

Could you please a post of your ambient temperature sensor installed at your car?

My was just hanging inside the front bumper and giving me inaccurate external temperatures. So, I purchased parts numbers: Ambient Temperature Sensor 8Z0-820-535 and Sensor Holder 5M0-820-536-A

But, no clue where exactly needs to be installed and hence the reason for my ask of posting pictures to have a clear understanding on what I need to do.

Thanks in advance!

Jaber

Modero
Here is your crazy request for the day:

Could you please a post of your ambient temperature sensor installed at your car?

My was just hanging inside the front bumper and giving me inaccurate external temperatures. So, I purchased parts numbers: Ambient Temperature Sensor 8Z0-820-535 and Sensor Holder 5M0-820-536-A

But, no clue where exactly needs to be installed and hence the reason for my ask of posting pictures to have a clear understanding on what I need to do.

Thanks in advance!

Check step #11

http://www.neuspeed.com/media/attachments/292_48.10.95.pdf

Jaber

Modero
Thanks! But, how it is installed? - this is the part:

As you can see there is something like a hook that goes towards the radiator and that is what I'm trying to figure out where exactly needs to be hooked at.

By the way my car is a 2013 GTI Autobahn 2 door with a CCTA engine.

Look at picture #12. It goes on that metal bracket. IIRC, that part that sticks out, with the circle cut out, is to hold the cable for the sensor wire.

Renck

Ready to race!
Look at picture #12. It goes on that metal bracket. IIRC, that part that sticks out, with the circle cut out, is to hold the cable for the sensor wire.

Tunnel vision............sorry about that!

Let me check on that metal piece, I don't recall see it at my car. But, let me look for it this weekend when I'm going to attempt to install these two parts.

Thanks for your help!

:thumbup:

Jaber

Modero
Tunnel vision............sorry about that!

Let me check on that metal piece, I don't recall see it at my car. But, let me look for it this weekend when I'm going to attempt to install these two parts.

Thanks for your help!

:thumbup:

Yup, no problem, good luck :D

If you're not the original owner, maybe that piece is bent or removed. Otherwise, should be there, it's metal.

Renck

Ready to race!
Yup, no problem, good luck :D

If you're not the original owner, maybe that piece is bent or removed. Otherwise, should be there, it's metal.

Not original owner, I purchased the car 3 months ago. So, I'm fixing some things like this.

Thanks again for your help!

Jaber

Modero
Not original owner, I purchased the car 3 months ago. So, I'm fixing some things like this.

Thanks again for your help!

Ah, so It's very possible the PO had a FMIC and bent it, like in the Neuspeed FMIC instruction's I posted above.

Renck

Ready to race!
Ah, so It's very possible the PO had a FMIC and bent it, like in the Neuspeed FMIC instruction's I posted above.

Now that I know what I'm looking for, let me try to use a flashlight to see if that metal piece is there. I'll report back.

Update - yes, the metal piece is there and I should be able to install the plastic bracket for the sensor without issue (I hope).

Thanks Jaber!

Last edited:

tofuD01

Ready to race!
I have had the timing chain and tensioner replaced recently, how long until next time it needs to be checked/replaced?

I assumed it was a one off update and leave?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have had the timing chain and tensioner replaced recently, how long until next time it needs to be checked/replaced?

I assumed it was a one off update and leave?
every month.

lol nah it should be fine