GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Checkmate competition! Supercars for all!!!

This is going to hurt some very expensive cars feelings.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
:D

I was kinda wondering the same thing. I assume it's "bad" for chunks of the shit to fall into the combustion chamber. When cleaning out the intake ports do you just manually rotate the crank to make sure the valve is closed before you go scraping away? Then, I assume, just suck it out with a shop vac?

That’s what I’ve been seeing on YouTube and the forums as I’ve been looking around. Definitely needs to be done on my car yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I have a feeling they're going to fuck it up. What's with the flashbacks to the volleyball scene (but clearly reenacted), the Goose scene, the new Kelly McGillis?

I remain skeptical.

I think it looks pretty promising. The flight scenes are supposed to be very good, actually real with very little CGI bullshit, which is a big plus for me.of course they're going to have some Goose flashback scenes, I'm fine with that. Jennifer Connolly as the new Kelly Mcgillis? Yes please :drool: remember the roller skating scene in Career Opportunities? :wub:
You are right though, most remakes/sequels usually suck, but I have hope for this one.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
you didnt want to keep the yellow protective thing on the bumper? i heard thats a thing.

Nope...gonna sell them off for $50 instead
(leaving them on just traps dirt & they rub against the bumper, damaging the paint)

Nope, Scat Pack

oh wow, dan went Mopar. Good update, yeah.

Needed a car for kids, that was somewhat fun. I fell in love with the blue R/T I had, but wanted to make the jump up to the next level while I could

I would’ve gotten a Chevy SS manual. That’s just me though.

That'd be nice, BUT they still pull high dollar and I'm not gonna have a $700 payment or whatever to buy one USED.

This one is a lease & it's new/warranty.

+10000
Dan, why the trade? either MT?

Just engine lust. The 5.7 HEMI was okay, but I figured another 100hp can't be a bad thing to have.
And wanted to have/get one before everything goes EV or gas gets crazy expensive.

Only auto in the Charger. The Challenger has the manual trans option

Would rather drive a Honda Fit before a Chevy or dodge. Iono

Hmmm...a 130hp Honda Fit over a 485hp car
Yeah let me rethink this :rolleyes:

I'd have gotten a Huffy over anything Chrysler. Though the Charger does look pretty good.

My dad has a 6sp SS Sedan. It drives like a European car. Tight and solid like a drum. Exhaust sounds good.

It's been a while since I've been back in a Mopar (my dad worked for Chrysler), but this is a solid/sorted out car.

I've never been in a SS, but it looks okay.
I liked the G8 GXP styling better though, personally.

looks like scat pack.

Nailed it

Its probably the Daytona Edition with 8 speed Auto and some nice Brembo brakes.

Very nice interiors on those tbh

485 hp out of the box

The Daytona adds 9.5" wheels w/275 tires, a Mopar air intake, the matte black graphics, grille badge, and the different styled (pleated like) seat covers and some badging/different colored interior trim plastic.

They had one in silver, but it was a demo & $47k.

Yeah but they weight 4400lbs
There's no denying that....it's a pig.
More of a cruiser than a sports car.

But it sounds good and can move it's weight pretty decently with plenty of room inside and a big trunk.

if you zoom in on the grille there's a scat pack badge. not that people haven't put badges on cars without the mods to support them....

I took the front grille badge off this morning actually

True, i did not see that badge tbh, back to the daytona though... not bad . Dodge interiors have stepped it up for sure....i still dont care for their tap shifter though, and while its nice yeah it still has that large curb weight. TLDR: Its a great car if you want muscle but convenience of a 4 door.

Throw on a catback and call it a day.

The seats were highly bolstered when i sat in one, check it out

The infotainment system was best ive seen in a car in awhile

Them brembos too :drool:

The seats are pretty comfy/cozy actually, heated and cooled (I've never had cooled seats before & I welcome them in summer).
The heated steering wheel was nice too, for winter.

Doesn't need an exhaust...it's pretty loud as is & sounds great stock, for me.

Uconnect (infotainment), even though it's aging, has always drawn praise for how quick & easy it is to use.

The Brembos are a lot better than the brakes were on my R/T.

Actual footage of how snobrdrdan feels driving his new car

I wish, it's parked/stuck in the garage for another week.

Im not saying im a fan but i GET IT.

The biggest thing i dislike about the charger...from a distance it looks like a police car...same goes for white Ford explorers with the black trim package
Yup...my old blue one looked pretty close to the Michigan State Trooper blue police cars too, lol
If you’re buying a scat pack just go balls in and get a hellcat. CMM

Waaay more money. Insurance, because of Detroit, is higher too on the Cat.

Plus where can you even use all of that power either?
I don't drive far/much.
The Scat is definitely more DD/usable street power.

I'm gonna wager a guess that there is a big price difference between those two....

Nailed it

I just checked and the hellcat used is $4k more with like 12k miles. Iono

That's not a car I'd buy used. You know it's been beaten on.
And if the Uconnect fails out of warranty, which controls everything in the car pretty much, I can only imagine how expensive that'd be

Plus I don't want, nor can I have, some $800 payment.

You wouldn’t find me anywhere near American made shit for that much coin. Lol

We get it....you hate it

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Nope...gonna sell them off for $50 instead
(leaving them on just traps dirt & they rub against the bumper, damaging the paint)

Nope, Scat Pack

Needed a car for kids, that was somewhat fun. I fell in love with the blue R/T I had, but wanted to make the jump up to the next level while I could

That'd be nice, BUT they still pull high dollar and I'm not gonna have a $700 payment or whatever to buy one USED.

This one is a lease & it's new/warranty.

Just engine lust. The 5.7 HEMI was okay, but I figured another 100hp can't be a bad thing to have.
And wanted to have/get one before everything goes EV or gas gets crazy expensive.

Only auto in the Charger. The Challenger has the manual trans option

Hmmm...a 130hp Honda Fit over a 485hp car
Yeah let me rethink this :rolleyes:

It's been a while since I've been back in a Mopar (my dad worked for Chrysler), but this is a solid/sorted out car.

I've never been in a SS, but it looks okay.
I liked the G8 GXP styling better though, personally.

Nailed it

The Daytona adds 9.5" wheels w/275 tires, a Mopar air intake, the matte black graphics, grille badge, and the different styled (pleated like) seat covers and some badging/different colored interior trim plastic.

They had one in silver, but it was a demo & $47k.

There's no denying that....it's a pig.
More of a cruiser than a sports car.

But it sounds good and can move it's weight pretty decently with plenty of room inside and a big trunk.

I took the front grille badge off this morning actually

The seats are pretty comfy/cozy actually, heated and cooled (I've never had cooled seats before & I welcome them in summer).
The heated steering wheel was nice too, for winter.

Doesn't need an exhaust...it's pretty loud as is & sounds great stock, for me.

Uconnect (infotainment), even though it's aging, has always drawn praise for how quick & easy it is to use.

The Brembos are a lot better than the brakes were on my R/T.

I wish, it's parked/stuck in the garage for another week.

Yup...my old blue one looked pretty close to the Michigan State Trooper blue police cars too, lol

Waaay more money. Insurance, because of Detroit, is higher too on the Cat.

Plus where can you even use all of that power either?
I don't drive far/much.
The Scat is definitely more DD/usable street power.

Nailed it

That's not a car I'd buy used. You know it's been beaten on.
And if the Uconnect fails out of warranty, which controls everything in the car pretty much, I can only imagine how expensive that'd be

Plus I don't want, nor can I have, some $800 payment.

We get it....you hate it

Well you just said take a Honda Fit with 130hp vs 485hp. Same can be said about the hellcat with 707 with a red key. Where can you use 485hp on the street? 1000hp supras are on the streets every day so what’s your point? Iono

At least the fit will last to 300k+ miles. With no question, that dodge or any American car pretty much ever on the other hand.

So you’re worried about stuff failing out of warranty? So that means you’ll be driving brand new cars forever? Lmao

All used cars have been beat on at one point or another CMM.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
0-60 in under 3 seconds

500hp

Starting below $60k! Take my money!!!

I like it but without a man pedal, it's a no from me, dawg.

And I'm not a Corvette hater. I like the C7 a lot. C7 Grand Sport was a Cayman replacement contender.

This C8 looks killer. Great performance. And, while I reserve the right to change my mind after seeing it in person, think the interior looks great too. And you absolutely cannot touch it with anything else for that price.

But my "fun" car is not going to have paddle shifters.

I can have fun enjoying my Cayman while dicking around in traffic at 40mph. Rowing gears feels good.

If I lived somewhere warmer... I'd consider one as a fun daily, while I had a man pedal car for my toy. I guess maybe still an option once I get out of Illinois.

clownish

just clowning around
ChiChat 18: What’s For Lunch? Blah Blah Blah Blah

Max tires. Which and why?

Rs4’s

ZIII’s

Re71r

Rs4 - price point, wear resistance, threshold limit, drivable in most conditions, sidewall unbelievable

To me I love the feeling of knowing exactly where the limit is - it’s not something I have to feel for - it’s a brick wall you can feel as you’re approaching it and if you pass it you have to be a blind man. It’s on then off. That tire is idiot proof. Toss a lot of heat into it and drive it ragged.

Edit: jay already commented. Rs3 had the same great characteristic and the 4 carried it forward. It has great wear charscerisfs compared to some of the others in its class and it doesn’t drop off as badly - it will perform well until treaded vs. degrading exponentially as it’s used. Definitely definitely needs heat to do anything - does not play nicely under 60-70. Is so fun when cycled.

I gave up and I’ll daily the one old set of rs3s I still have right now. I was saving them but meh. At the time tire rack was clearancinf rs3s at around $100 something (125? 150?) I bought so many of them.

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Re71Rs I used for a summer - nice tire but I didn’t like how quickly they died off - aka I felt like they got greasy so fast. Even on autoX or the street. I don’t know how to describe it because I’m not a pro... I just didn’t like how they drove. It wasn’t... crisp feeling after they got hot. Or confidence inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.