GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fumoto Valve

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
FYI, the valve was pointing downward diagonal right (4 or 5 o'clock, if you are looking at the oil pan from the rear of car) when torqued accordingly. It's pointing straight down in pic because it's already loosened there, right before I did 1 turn to remove it by hand.

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I still don't know how you'd scrape it unless you straddled something. The oil pan is in line with the front axles IIRC. So when you go over things the oil pan raises as the wheels go over the speed bump. I have the Fumoto valve with the nipple and haven't had any issues. Not a mark on it.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Not exactly drawn to spec, but i tried:

Couldn't take that curb head on, would scape lip big time. Took it at about 45 degree angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
I am aware that user-error could be a factor here (maybe I should have taken that curb at an angle? maybe I shouldn't have taken that curb at all?), and I don't mean to bash the company or product. The valve worked great: no leaks, solid construction, and drained oil like a champ when doing changes before it scraped. I just mean to cast out a resounding BE CAREFUL/AVOID if you're lowered, because again based on my experience, a low-clearance car is much more at risk for damage with this installed.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of curbs, I hate Midwestern curbs (like the one involved in my incident). Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I lived in Illinois, all the cubs were like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I am aware that user-error could be a factor here (maybe I should have taken that curb at an angle? maybe I shouldn't have taken that curb at all?), and I don't mean to bash the company or product. The valve worked great: no leaks, solid construction, and drained oil like a champ when doing changes before scraping it. I just mean to cast out a resounding BE CAREFUL/AVOID if you're lowered, because again based on my experience, a low-clearance car is much more at risk for damage with this installed.

Well, there's a difference between saying "be careful" here's why and "I highly recommend not using" with zero explanation. We appreciate input on products whether the experience is good or bad, but it's important to be sure the product was at fault.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Well, there's a difference between saying "be careful" here's why and "I highly recommend not using" with zero explanation. We appreciate input on products whether the experience is good or bad, but it's important to be sure the product was at fault.

Good point. Thank you for the reminder fellas. Tact and verbiage is everything, words are important...

Edited original post to be less emotional, heh

:thumbsup: