ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
big weekend plans?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Das always hating on dem murican V8's. Congrats on the Mopar, dat 3rd place. LOL jk. I'd rather have a Charger over a Honda Fit too man, you ain't crazy.

New Corvette looks tits and the specs are pretty sweet. Can't wait to see what they actually sell for.

Well, they’re going to sell for stupid markup to start, but I bet a Z51 will be ~$70k.

clownish

just clowning around
ChiChat 18: What’s For Lunch? Blah Blah Blah Blah

Went to a Queber Syrian / French Italian wedding in Montreal. Outdoors. 33C. Humid. Free flowing liquids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Anyone want to buy a locked Samsung s9? Would be a good wifi only phone for a kid or something... $200. It's brand new still in packaging.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Is it for sprint?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The GTI.

Yep, building LS E36. Should be out at my buddies shop next month too pull the old engine and refresh the front end and mock up the new engine and trans.

Cobra is back burnered until I’m done with the Bimmer. The Bimmer build wasn’t planned. It just happened and now has spiraled lol.

I remember you installing the new turbo a few weeks or a month ago or so....so was the GTI getting buttoned up with tuning?

Just a little "spiral" on the Bimmer build...:laugh:
ETA for the Bimmer to be finished?

So what have you been driving with those 2 cars gone btw?

OT again...you ever finish the wall?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I remember you installing the new turbo a few weeks or a month ago or so....so was the GTI getting buttoned up with tuning?

Just a little "spiral" on the Bimmer build...:laugh:
ETA for the Bimmer to be finished?

So what have you been driving with those 2 cars gone btw?

OT again...you ever finish the wall?

Yeah, final tuning on the GTI. It’s really smooth and seems to have good power. It’s stupid hot in the northeast right now, so I can’t tell how good the power really is yet.

I’d like to have the bimmer able to be driven back to Texas by the fall. A project like that is never done lol.

I don’t really need a car unless I’m doing projects. Lately it’s been too hot to do much outside. I’ve been doing crown molding inside though and I just get what I need on the weekends when the lady is home.

The wall is up and functional. It needs finishing touches to the capstones and I have to route the drainage tubes properly, but that will have to wait till it gets cooler.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Hot ass day. Not even 10am and I've sweat through two shirts installing a downpipe for a mk7.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dude it was BRUTAL on Saturday. The dewpoint was in the 80s! I've never seen it that high.

I had to run around in the AM to get new tires put on the Diesel. I walked 2 blocks from the Discount Tire to a Dunkin... at 8:30am... and was gross by the time I got back. Went and grabbed the trailer afterwards, brought it home, took a shower, figured "all I gotta do is strap the car down and go" and I was soaked in 20 minutes just putting the car on the trailer. Don't know why I even bothered showering.

Thermometer in the Diesel bounced between 97-98 the whole trip down to Autobahn. Poor thing was working hard.

Sometime around 5:45pm, suddenly, the humidity disappeared and the temp dropped a solid 15 degrees. Was crazy as it blew in and changed everything over the course of what felt like 2-3 minutes. It was nice enough that I drove home from Autobahn with the windows down.

I'll also say - being able to take a shower at Autobahn before climbing into the car to drive home was excellent.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah, final tuning on the GTI. It’s really smooth and seems to have good power. It’s stupid hot in the northeast right now, so I can’t tell how good the power really is yet.

I’d like to have the bimmer able to be driven back to Texas by the fall. A project like that is never done lol.

I don’t really need a car unless I’m doing projects. Lately it’s been too hot to do much outside. I’ve been doing crown molding inside though and I just get what I need on the weekends when the lady is home.

The wall is up and functional. It needs finishing touches to the capstones and I have to route the drainage tubes properly, but that will have to wait till it gets cooler.

Needs more water/meth for those hot days

Dude it was BRUTAL on Saturday. The dewpoint was in the 80s! I've never seen it that high.

I had to run around in the AM to get new tires put on the Diesel. I walked 2 blocks from the Discount Tire to a Dunkin... at 8:30am... and was gross by the time I got back. Went and grabbed the trailer afterwards, brought it home, took a shower, figured "all I gotta do is strap the car down and go" and I was soaked in 20 minutes just putting the car on the trailer. Don't know why I even bothered showering.

Thermometer in the Diesel bounced between 97-98 the whole trip down to Autobahn. Poor thing was working hard.

Sometime around 5:45pm, suddenly, the humidity disappeared and the temp dropped a solid 15 degrees. Was crazy as it blew in and changed everything over the course of what felt like 2-3 minutes. It was nice enough that I drove home from Autobahn with the windows down.

I'll also say - being able to take a shower at Autobahn before climbing into the car to drive home was excellent.

Fortunately I was done by 11 but yeah, it was disgusting. My junk was pretty much JB welded to my leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.