GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Ive run 24-25psi with good trims and no issues, there are others that have cranked the boost up on 3+ kits to 28-30psi and have been ok

I think I just gave GUST more headroom last night. I was talking to Frank Mabo (a guy online that tunes Eurodyne and who is tuning Gustavo's car) about boost control, and after a while I finally realized he is NOT in the US. In case anyone was wondering, ROW cars stock had a A/F of 11.5, where US cars have an A/F stock of 13.1.

I send him some logs and he was telling me that 12.5 was incredibly lean. I was super confused for like 20 minutes until I figured the above fact out.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Because it is a relevant comparison best vs works.

So the UNI injectors are best because they have the OEM label/numbers ripped/shaved off?

OKAY LOL.

They are the same injector for 3x the cost. Stop trying to confuse people.

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I think I just gave GUST more headroom last night. I was talking to Frank Mabo (a guy online that tunes Eurodyne and who is tuning Gustavo's car) about boost control, and after a while I finally realized he is NOT in the US. In case anyone was wondering, ROW cars stock had a A/F of 11.5, where US cars have an A/F stock of 13.1.

I send him some logs and he was telling me that 12.5 was incredibly lean. I was super confused for like 20 minutes until I figured the above fact out.

Wow. I didn't know ROW cars have a 11.5Afr. Don't they have a better HPFP than us? Could that be why they were able to run more rich?

gustkiller

Ready to race!

:w00t:

Going to Dyno in 3 days. Here in Brazil we have 3 kinds of gasoline.

87 RON E27
91 RON E27
100+ RON E25

And For us 12+ A/F is like sign a Piston Meltdown sentence.

But as I am using Forget Pistons too.. Should't be a problem.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
So the UNI injectors are best because they have the OEM label/numbers ripped/shaved off?

OKAY LOL.

Not into confusing anyone no point, its the truth. But we can end this because it moot at this point I have my fueling and you have yours.

Wow. I didn't know ROW cars have a 11.5Afr. Don't they have a better HPFP than us? Could that be why they were able to run more rich?

Exactly what I thought. Plus shittier fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both, def shittier fuel by alot.

They also have easier HPFP mods, rebuildable with larger internals among other things they can do to get more fuel.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
:w00t:

Going to Dyno in 3 days. Here in Brazil we have 3 kinds of gasoline.

87 RON E27
91 RON E27
100+ RON E25

And For us 12+ A/F is like sign a Piston Meltdown sentence.

But as I am using Forget Pistons too.. Should't be a problem.

91 ron is like 87 octane here, 93 octane is 98ish RON

Post your results, good luck.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Opel injectors from zzp are the ones you want.

They cost $350. That includes upgraded e85 safe seals, a fuel rail and even a harness.

These will give you pretty much all the flow you can get through the primary injectors without upgrading the hpfp.

LNFs are a complete waste of money, they aren't a significant improvement over stock.

Just wanna clarify some on the Opel injectors, those injectors are from the LDK platform, which can be found on 2013+ GM cars, so they can be had from anywhere, not just from ZZP

And while the LDKs are ~30% bigger than stock, the LNFs are ~18%, so while not as good as the LDKs, they are bigger than the stock TSIs

The ones that came with APR stage3+ kit is more like lnf or zzp? I am out of fuel at +-24 psi with APR injectors.

LNFs

OKAY LOL.

You're 100% correct, they are GM injectors, just look at the connector. USP does the same crap with their $1k injectors also(they use LNFs) but what I can't tell from the pics is if the Unitronic ones are the old LNFs(they got revised) or the LDKs with the seals changed

Last edited:

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of seals, I've been using OEM VW seals on my APR 3+ (presumably LNF) injectors since the summer when I put them in. Everyone told me that was a no-go but I did it anyway, and no leaks. Actually, 2 of them came out of the head when I swapped my manifold and I just shoved them back in and still all good. I remember 3 years ago everyone freaking out about reusing those seals. LOL

gustkiller

Ready to race!
For ROW tsi there is only loba's high priced 800+ Euros Hpfp. For tsi there's no upgrade kit like autotech that you can just upgrade the internals at home.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
For ROW tsi there is only loba's high priced 800+ Euros Hpfp. For tsi there's no upgrade kit like autotech that you can just upgrade the internals at home.

I think all of us here would gladly pay that price for a better HPFP. What's $900 bucks on top of the thousands already spent? LOL

gustkiller

Ready to race!
I think all of us here would gladly pay that price for a better HPFP. What's $900 bucks on top of the thousands already spent? LOL
You're right. I think about how dsg will handle 30+ psi

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of seals, I've been using OEM VW seals on my APR 3+ (presumably LNF) injectors since the summer when I put them in. Everyone told me that was a no-go but I did it anyway, and no leaks. Actually, 2 of them came out of the head when I swapped my manifold and I just shoved them back in and still all good. I remember 3 years ago everyone freaking out about reusing those seals. LOL

when i messed up one of my seals i went to O'reilys to order new ones and they said they didn't have any in stock for my car. for s/g i asked to look up if they had any for a 2009 cobalt ss and his eyes got wide. "whoa, same part number! ...still don't have them though." :mad: