GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Buddy is looking at buying mk6 golf tdi do they have same issues as our tsi?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Ok, I'll have to order some 7s then. At least I'll have the 8s for when I go BT

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Do you get more power from using the 8s on K04?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
what boost gauges are y'all using

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever have a coilover that doesn't seem to adjust ride height up? I have a set of ST coilovers (made by KW) and can't raise the left-rear corner. So far I've cranked the perch up ~1" higher than the right side but ride height is still lower. According to ST I should be able to get the car up much higher.

Car was previously aligned and running fine at the current height, I just want to go up 0.5" for a bit more comfort.

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Anyone ever have a coilover that doesn't seem to adjust ride height up? I have a set of ST coilovers (made by KW) and can't raise the left-rear corner. So far I've cranked the perch up ~1" higher than the right side but ride height is still lower. According to ST I should be able to get the car up much higher.

Car was previously aligned and running fine at the current height, I just want to go up 0.5" for a bit more comfort.

Only thing I could think of is if the struts are adjustable, maybe it is threaded so short that the spring is trying to push up more but the strut is fully extended already and can't go any longer. besides that :iono:

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Anyone has any ideas where can I get a passenger side underbody liner for a good price? The snow just ripped mine off this morning...

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Do you guys think it will be fine driving without the liner for now?

dtdomination

Passed Driver's Ed
Might be a stupid question but I had a Stratified tune that completely ruined my car. Went back to stock, fixed all the problems but now I really miss the crackles and pops.. I'm catless with no resonator and a Vibrant street muffler (suitcase style). ANything I can do to get those backfires back without retuning?

dtdomination

Passed Driver's Ed
Also I feel like the car is quieter without the tune even though I didn't change the exhaust in between reflashing. Am I just crazy or is this possible? Thanks in advance