GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - 034 Motorsport Catch Can Kit

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
i recently got the CTS catch can which has the same blockoff plate design as the 034m, how is the oil consumption on this (how often if ever do you have to top off your oil)? I have heard you lose a fair amount of oil running these plates.

looks great, I can't wait to install mine.

also is there a torque spec to tightening down the bolts on this?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
So couple questions. I ordered this kit and it came in while my car was at the shop so they installed it for me. I would have installed this myself but oh wells but now I don't really know the kit like I would like.

First thing. The rear tube going to the intake. My car does not have it. The shop capped off the intake. Is that ok?

Second what's the best way to empty and check it. Again since I did not install it sorta in the dark the assembly of it.

Third any way to install a fitting on the bottom to make it easier to empty? What's the threading maybe something like a Fumoto valve but obviously smaller.

aregister

Ready to race!
What did you do with the cabin intake hose? It mounts on that same bolt and the catch can removes the bracket so now the plastic hose sits stupid and cocked

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Searched but couldn't find anything on the matter, what kind of damage is done if the can overflows? It filled up quicker than I expected this winter...

Same Problem here bro

you think i just need to reassemble that's all?

Sorry, didn't see this post before. Everything has been good since replacing the o-rings-no leaks or blow-by.

Mr.President

Ready to race!
So couple questions. I ordered this kit and it came in while my car was at the shop so they installed it for me. I would have installed this myself but oh wells but now I don't really know the kit like I would like.

First thing. The rear tube going to the intake. My car does not have it. The shop capped off the intake. Is that ok?

Second what's the best way to empty and check it. Again since I did not install it sorta in the dark the assembly of it.

Third any way to install a fitting on the bottom to make it easier to empty? What's the threading maybe something like a Fumoto valve but obviously smaller.

I believe the intake hose is an essential part that supplies the CC system with vacuum so it can work. All CCs have a hose for vacuum.

Sidenote edit: While the 034 Motorsport CC is a great product it falters with the use of after-market engine mounts. People with after-market mounts will need to seek an alternative mounting point than the one provided.

Last edited:

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Sidenote edit: While the 034 Motorsport CC is a great product it falters with the use of after-market engine mounts. People with after-market mounts will need to seek an alternative mounting point than the one provided.

Can you elaborate on this? Does it require the stock front engine mount bolt or something? That one had another stud and was required on the BSH catch can. Is this what you are referring to? Pics would be great if you or anybody have one.

Mr.President

Ready to race!
Can you elaborate on this? Does it require the stock front engine mount bolt or something? That one had another stud and was required on the BSH catch can. Is this what you are referring to? Pics would be great if you or anybody have one.

The problem is that the supplied bolt for the left side engine mount for this CC doesn't work with the BSH after-market engine mount (which is the one I have) and it will fail to be fully threaded in and be able to tighten, so the CC isn't tightened and is loose and therefore so is the engine mount. (either the bolt is too long or something, I can hardly remember, all I do remember is that it didn't work)

The way I mounted mine was I found a smaller yet more convenient hole that wasn't used for anything a little bit closer to the front of the car from where the engine mount sits. It is smaller, but it still holds since 3-4 months of install.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
The problem is that the supplied bolt for the left side engine mount for this CC doesn't work with the BSH after-market engine mount (which is the one I have) and it will fail to be fully threaded in and be able to tighten, so the CC isn't tightened and is loose and therefore so is the engine mount. (either the bolt is too long or something, I can hardly remember, all I do remember is that it didn't work)

The way I mounted mine was I found a smaller yet more convenient hole that wasn't used for anything a little bit closer to the front of the car from where the engine mount sits. It is smaller, but it still holds since 3-4 months of install.

I had this issue with my BFI Stage 1 mount, used several washers and the problem was solved. Can you post photos of the bolt location you found?