ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
trigger warning....

Phur

Autocross Champion
We saw a marquis on a church while on vacation...
“God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.”
[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion

Jaber

Modero
I don't have any problems with religion. I have problems with the religious.

The most judgmental assholes I've ever met are those who are super religious. The folks who make sure you KNOW they've "found Jesus." Second most judgmental assholes I've met are those who are anti-religion, and make sure you know they're anti-religion.

Believe in and pray to whatever you want to. Just don't drag me into it. My relationship with God is personal, between God and myself. Doesn't need to impact or affect anybody else.

Well said. :clap:

Phur

Autocross Champion
When my wife was pregnant we made it explicitly clear to all of my family that our son was not to be indoctrinated. They were less than pleased. I was raised Baptist. I respect everyone’s rights. My wife and I explained that when he was old enough to make an informed decision on the subject we would respect his decision, but that it was his decision to make.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
My wife's entire family wrote her off when she married me (a non cult member) and she swore off the cult she was raised in.

Every time one of them calls her, it's to "save a lost member of the flock." They send cult leaders to the house all the time, looking knocking on the door looking for "Sister Omni." GTFO.

Meanwhile, whenever her dirtbag ex would pull some shit (a hardcore devout cult member) they'd sweep it under the rug, look the other way, "Enough about him, I'm here to talk about you."

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
PTAK on point as usual. Was the the church of LD saints??

Phur

Autocross Champion
I was afraid that all of my family would disown me when, at 13, I discovered that I was atheist. They just went into denial instead.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I tossed around ideas of solipsism and Wicca as well. The Wicca more as a way to try to focus my solipsistic beliefs. I had never even heard of solipsism. Yet independently, that was what I was coming to believe, or at least struggle with.

Phur

Autocross Champion
ChiChat 18: Dubya Pisses In Craigs Cheerios - Forum Rejoices - Hi Boosted!

Ever heard of Pastafarianism? I'd probably relate most to that.

Mostly the headwear.
[emoji16]

I definitely agree with Russel’s teapot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.