GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
to be fair, you wanted more sound and got it....

resonators will not add or subtract sound. they modify the sound. that being said a resonator COULD let you keep your DSG gunshot farts. no promises and the the best way would be to find out the long, hard and expensive way.

Oh I know this . If I could keep the sound I do now I would ! ...I just can't stand the very brief buzzing drone around 2800 to 3200 rpm...I'm not lying at that brief moment I sound just like a Honda ...I'm just trying to rid Most if not all the drone. Because technically I'm a custom straight pipe ..do u have knowledge on 1792 bottle resonator....bullet style resonator ...or ultra quiet res?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Oh I know this . If I could keep the sound I do now I would ! ...I just can't stand the very brief buzzing drone around 2800 to 3200 rpm...I'm not lying at that brief moment I sound just like a Honda ...I'm just trying to rid Most if not all the drone. Because technically I'm a custom straight pipe ..do u have knowledge on 1792 bottle resonator....bullet style resonator ...or ultra quiet res?

AWE only has one resonator IIRC right? So you’re basically straight piped but you have a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone know were i can buy this clamp? Or can i reuse it from my stock k03?

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
AWE only has one resonator IIRC right? So you’re basically straight piped but you have a car.

Yes one that I'm knowledgeable of . On the diagram they say "180 technology"...maybe I should have just left it alone

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Going to be replacing my exhaust hanger bushings because the exhaust is starting to get a lot of side to side play in it. Just want to make sure I get the right parts. So are there 2 hangers on the very rear muffler section and 1 of a different type before the muffler (closer to the center of the vehicle)?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Going to be replacing my exhaust hanger bushings because the exhaust is starting to get a lot of side to side play in it. Just want to make sure I get the right parts. So are there 2 hangers on the very rear muffler section and 1 of a different type before the muffler (closer to the center of the vehicle)?

There are 5 hangers/bushings total for the cat-back

2 near the inlet -- part #9 (x2)
one in middle, behind the first muffler -- part #11
and then 2 on each side of the rear -- parts #10 & #12

Last edited:

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
anyone know if our pcv system is covered under warranty? Ive accumulated alot of oil around it :/ '14 gti just hit 30k in it too. thanks.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
anyone know if our pcv system is covered under warranty? Ive accumulated alot of oil around it :/ '14 gti just hit 30k in it too. thanks.

could always run a OCC, essentially a PCV delete :)

kidding aside, i'd reach out to VWoA directly and ask - then go to the dealer if they say it's covered. PCV issues are known but i didnt see a TSB for MY14 for this.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
:wosschilder980:
I almost bought a AWE instead of Borla. Both very nice systems. Maybe try getting a custom made one?

U mean buy a custom catback? I love my AWE. I just know there's a formula to this . In the end I probably will just put the AWE resonator back on ...this straight pipe thing is nice WOT and intimidating ..but cruising and "sneaking" up on people is something I miss so much lol ..that's why I was considering finding a vibrant resonator to put there ...so I can be Louder than the regular APR/AWE turbo back ...but quieter than I am now lol

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I have AWE track catback, it can be a bit loud at times. Mainly cold starts.

Everyone should hear their cars from the outside, these cabins are sealed up very well..you car is MUCH louder than you think on the outside.

avni

Ready to race!

Everyone should hear their cars from the outside, these cabins are sealed up very well..you car is MUCH louder than you think on the outside.

BIG FACTS

smanierre

Autocross Champion

First time I had my friend drive my car past at WOT I was very surprised how much louder it was outside than inside.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Lol this. My car is stupid loud. Unless I had an inferior I wouldn’t know any different