GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thought I'd share a MK6 GTi SQ install I just did :)

simplicityinsound

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys, new here but been on MKV forum for a while...figured i would share a MK6 GTI install i just finished....with the brand new re-released Illusion Audio Gear...

I think some of you guys who are looking for high end speakers may find it difficult to fit the midbass in the stock location due to depth restrictions...these drivers can be a solution.

also some may find the signal analysis i did on the OEM headunit helpful. :)

I will just link to the build log i have on the diymobileaudio forum...not sure.

this is the 2nd MK6 i have worked on and this forum has provided me with a lot of good info...thought I'd just return the favor..anyone have any questions feel free to ask, if i know it i will try my best to answer. :)

cheers,

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...usion-audio-2012-vw-gti-sq-build-mosconi.html

b

chaser6259

Ready to race!
Fukn amazing build, great job man! If you dont mind me asking how much did you think you dropped on everything including build? ( sorry if this is mentioned in your link )

simplicityinsound

Passed Driver's Ed
well, i dont like to discuss customer's pricing openly without their permission :) its not cheap certainly...but i think for the sonic result its not bad...the back was a lot of work as well. :)

retail on the products themselves is around 4500-5000 :)

overall, its right in thick of most of my projects in terms of budget.

chaser6259

Ready to race!
well, i dont like to discuss customer's pricing openly without their permission :) its not cheap certainly...but i think for the sonic result its not bad...the back was a lot of work as well. :)

retail on the products themselves is around 4500-5000 :)

overall, its right in thick of most of my projects in terms of budget.

Haha holy crap thats insane but it looks great man!

P

plac

mr simplicity sound has the most insane installs and craftwork. i remember all those threads from back in the day.

simplicityinsound

Passed Driver's Ed
haha i wouldnt call my work insane, i just try to keep it clean , the car usable, and focus on good sound and solid fundamental work underneath the surface fluff :)

Bing

simplicityinsound

Passed Driver's Ed
btw, i was pretty amazed at the quietness and superior SN ratio of this headunit, i have previously worked with the non nav OEM headunits, and i could never get them to sound the same...

this one however, was quite nice and literally i saw no reason to swap it.

could also be the processor though, as its the first time i have done a combo of the mosconi with the newer VWs.

b

P

plac

if i had around $8k lying around i'd have you do mine except with TRU amps.

simplicityinsound

Passed Driver's Ed
TRU is excellent stuff, similar in quality to Mosconi, especailly the AS and the ONE line...but i am sometimes weary of their ability to replace/repair broken down warrantiable gear being such a small out fit.

dav1d

Ready to race!
Wow is that clean

P

plac

TRU is excellent stuff, similar in quality to Mosconi, especailly the AS and the ONE line...but i am sometimes weary of their ability to replace/repair broken down warrantiable gear being such a small out fit.

As "placenta" on those forums, I have always said the TRU TO3-4.150 was my favorite amp. Havent looked into what TRU is up to in a long time. Don't really want to mess with my car on that level.

Did you not drill the empty molex holes this time, that was my least favorite part of my 2009 GTI audio install. Almost wrecked the pins.