GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

Fergusdaddy

There is another less expensive option on eBay if you search for the seller Euroangeleyes, which is a dark smoked set with an LED layout similar to the new Audi A3. He includes the necessary plugs and says it is a straight swap, costs $285 + $55 delivery. As I am posting this on my iPhone, I can't add a photo or link, but I'm sure you'll find it!

As my Golf is a company car, I'd have to give these a miss and go for the VW official standard red ones that wouldn't alter the appearance of the car(during the day anyway!) so as not to arouse suspicion! Unfortunately those are more expensive, although in my opinion they look better.

Last edited:

Dennis Moeller

Passed Driver's Ed
There is another less expensive option on eBay if you search for the seller Euroangeleyes, which is a dark smoked set with an LED layout similar to the new Audi A3. He includes the necessary plugs and says it is a straight swap, costs $285 + $55 delivery. As I am posting this on my iPhone, I can't add a photo or link, but I'm sure you'll find it!

As my Golf is a company car, I'd have to give these a miss and go for the VW official standard red ones that wouldn't alter the appearance of the car(during the day anyway!) so as not to arouse suspicion! Unfortunately those are more expensive, although in my opinion they look better.

The "Euroangeleyes" look really cheap imho...better to go with the OE or wait till the replicas come out...

TDI110

O_o
Hello, I have the LEDS "R" version
I have only one problem, the external light intensity is strong and the intensity of light inside is softer, I have byte 18 bit 04 on my 09.
When i brake,you turn me,the 4 LEDs and the third brake light
Who can help me?please....

This is not an answer to your question but rather a general comment regarding the LED's. I recently returned my LED's to the dealer because VW Germany says that they will void the warranty. I've been doing some asking around and a member, oeguy, asked the person that did his VAG-COM and he told me that the problem may be in the control module for the lights.The GTI apparently has a different one than the regular Golfs. VW themselves said similar and also said that the lights may cause the computer to malfunction. Does anyone else have anything on this issue?

Mezza/golf6

Ready to race!
This is not an answer to your question but rather a general comment regarding the LED's. I recently returned my LED's to the dealer because VW Germany says that they will void the warranty. I've been doing some asking around and a member, oeguy, asked the person that did his VAG-COM and he told me that the problem may be in the control module for the lights.The GTI apparently has a different one than the regular Golfs. VW themselves said similar and also said that the lights may cause the computer to malfunction. Does anyone else have anything on this issue?

Problems with the onboard computer I don't.
The problem is only the different light between lights Interior and lights outside.I have Byte 18 and bit 04,on version april 09'.
Then when I brake, turn on all LEDs.
In the video with the GTI,the LEDs light up with the same intensity.
This golf GTI is version 09.
Please help me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoaDBL0ImP4

safety_r

OK guys here is my Order ... I am In USA I think this is the configuration of R20 Led WITH no FOG SO hopefully there will be no errors... NOW, Debating To get the Kufatec coding interface or go for 120$ vag com package.. !? What you will recommend? Where did you get the vAg com and what version?
desctiption quantity each total
WIRE SET ES#265436

000979129 6 $6.14 $36.84
WIRE SET ES#265463

000979150E 6 $12.57 $75.42
HOUSING ES#296747

191972713 4 $9.22 $36.88
Tail Light ES#1899503

5K0945093Q 1 $169.85 $169.85
R20 LED Tinted Tail Light - Right Inner ES#1897197

5K0945094P 1 $165.95 $165.95
R20 LED Tinted Tail Light - Left Outer ES#1897196

5K0945095L 1 $174.95 $174.95
R20 LED Tinted Tail Light - Right Outer ES#1897195

5K0945096L 1 $174.95 $174.95
HOUSING ES#1862919

7N0972703 4 $2.70 $10.80

woofie2

Ready to race!
NOW, Debating To get the Kufatec coding interface or go for 120$ vag com package.. !? What you will recommend? Where did you get the vAg com and what version?
why buy one if you can find someone locally with one to help or allow you to use theirs, (make sure to print out any instructions you need, just because they have a cable does not mean he knows how to use it.)

Genuine VAGcom comes from Ross Tech- http://ross-tech.com/ (you need one of the newer CAN cables, such as Micro-CAN or HEX (USB or COM) to work with the MKVI, the older K-Line VAG com Cables will not work with the MKV and newer cars.)

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
I need to stop looking at these R tails...the more I see them the more I want them! Hopefully ill get them soon enough.

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a set last week, can't wait till there here

livid2

Passed Driver's Ed
As I dont have my Golf yet, could someone let me know what warning lights show on the dash when you install these LED's (before VAGCOM of course).

As I understand it, it is a single yellow bulb out warning light, is that correct? Is there an annoying "Ding" every five minutes or anything like that?

I am thinking of doing this install and leaving the warning lights on until I can get find someone with a VAGCOM or get one myself.

Also, would there be any issue with leaving the warning light on for a period of time? (apart from it just being annoying?)

Thanks