GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

ZIPN VW

Ready to race!
Need a little help. I have the lights installed, but I need help wiring the rear fog. I have the switch and repair wire. I know that one end of the wire goes into the 7 pin of the switch, but i do not know where to put the other end. Any help would be great.

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
Those look awesome, I know it was a cost-cutting measure that kept the US market from getting those taillights as standard with the Bi-xenon headlamps, but I love the look of those LEDs.... That's tempting.

ZIPN VW

Ready to race!
You know I will.:thumbup:

Here they are... loose connection made it a little more of a pain, but I am very happy.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I hate that I'm going to spend $800 on tail lights. This forum is starting to cost me money...lol.

ZIPN VW

Ready to race!
No shit... last month modding spree is causing me to want to wait a little until the next batch of mods begin. I still have to get rims and maybe lowering if the car look high after the new rims.

pvivino

Ready to race!
Here they are... loose connection made it a little more of a pain, but I am very happy.

So are the R20 LED tail lights dimmer than stock tail lights? Or is it just the way the photos show them? I have seen other pics with the brake lights on and they look really bright but I just cannot tell about the tail lights.

PaulMK6GTINYC

Ready to race!
What's up guys! For those of you who installed the tail lights, how long did the install take, and how did you go about getting rid of the error code? I'm reading everything I can about the Golf R tail lights in these forums, but I still seem to be a little confused.... My wife is from Germany, and from what I read from the German dudes on here is that you can purchase the lights directly from Volkswagen in Germany? If so, would I be able to have my wife purchase these lights while in Germany on vacation? I would not buy any other than OEM, and I just want to make sure that if I do buy them online, example TM tunning, that I am purchasing the OEM model, and not the "Made in China" ones.....

ZIPN VW

Ready to race!
So are the R20 LED tail lights dimmer than stock tail lights? Or is it just the way the photos show them? I have seen other pics with the brake lights on and they look really bright but I just cannot tell about the tail lights.

The Golf R lights are a little darker red than the stock lights. In the picture, I am not pressing the brake. The picture was also taken during the day so they do no look as bright as they are. Also, the picture was taken with my iphone 3g. Not the beat camera, but all I had. I took pictures during the install.

ZIPN VW

Ready to race!
What's up guys! For those of you who installed the tail lights, how long did the install take, and how did you go about getting rid of the error code? I'm reading everything I can about the Golf R tail lights in these forums, but I still seem to be a little confused.... My wife is from Germany, and from what I read from the German dudes on here is that you can purchase the lights directly from Volkswagen in Germany? If so, would I be able to have my wife purchase these lights while in Germany on vacation? I would not buy any other than OEM, and I just want to make sure that if I do buy them online, example TM tunning, that I am purchasing the OEM model, and not the "Made in China" ones.....

The install took me about an hour and a half being very careful. It would take me half that if I had to do it again. The hardest part was rewiring under the dash. I used Vag-com to remove the error codes. Based on the production date of your car, you do not have to change any codes for the lights to work.