GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

Neuspeed Rear End Sway Bar Links Rattling

They were installed properly and they rattle like crazy. I am going to see if I can record the audio later. What is happening is the links are floating on the bolt and banging into the side of the sway bar every time the tension is lifted off the links, leaving them to float in mid air...
  2. V

List of Car Meets, Locations, & Times For Long Island Car Enthusiasts

These car meets and shows are public events, generally weekly and most likely seasonal, weather permitting of course. These listings are not hosted or sponsored events and do not require you to be in a private club, all are welcome! Please keep the noise and loud music to a minimum, no...
  3. V

Any Saturday meets of any car type on long island?

any car meets places to hang out saturday nights on long island, any meets and cruises, meet spots, race spots? Im Bored tonight
  4. V

APR Stage 1: How many miles have you put on since being tuned?

I was recently tuned with the APR Stage 1 93 Octane software and wanted to know from other users, How many miles have you put on your car since you've been APR Tuned with Stage 1 software? Any issues with the software or mechanics of your vehicle since the tune? Anything you would recommend...
  5. V

Boost Gauge questions and picture thread

I apologize for this thread’s length but I wanted to start a thread for boost gauge questions as well as a general location for pictures of gauge setups to be posted. Ok, this question applies to those who have installed boost gauges in their GTI’s. I had a full sweep electrical gauge...
  6. V

Support Links Who makes them for sway bars?

I am looking for reinforced links, the bars with the bolts in them (joints) that go from the main suspension (or body) to the sway bars. I have seen rear ones but I'm looking for front and rears. The factory pieces are shit. Hit a few pot holes in NY and I've blown 2 out already. I am using...
  7. V

FS: HUGE GTI parts lot!

All the parts are off a 2011 MK6, the car is on the road, they are not salvage parts they were all brand new or purchased brand new and have no damage to them at all. The car had 72 miles on it when all these parts were removed and the others installed, they have been in storage since. The...
  8. V

Brake Upgrade Question Fronts to rear possible?

This question is for those who have the knowlegde in automotive brakes as I am taking this as a very serious venture. Say you wanted to go with Brembo 4 pistons on the front two wheels, what would be involved in putting the mk6 gti front rotors, calipers, and so on, on the rear two wheels of a...
  9. V

REVISED BORLA Exhaust System # 140347

I have to admit, I got a complete brand new exhaust system that has been totally revised by Borla about a month ago, but with work, college classes, my business, and life, I simply did not have the time or extra cash to get it installed and post my findings and pictures. WELL! I am here to...
  10. V

Eibach Rear Sway Bar Rubbing on Frame

Ill get pictures on it on the lift, but the rear sway bar from their pro kit rubs and scratches against the rear member piece that holds the rotor up. I'm not a car guy so I don't know what to call it, sorry for my bad terminology. Anyone else have this issue? updated with pic the sway bar is...
  11. V

Buttons In Front Of The Shifter

I know what the traction control one does, but that is the only one I have there. What are the other factory buttons in that array there and why don't I have more? For example there is a comfort and sport button. I have the DSG as pictured but seem to be lacking the additional options. Is...
  12. V

Fitment Issues With Borla Exhaust # 140347

IF AND ONLY IF you are having issues with the installation of the Borla exhaust system, part number 140347, should you post your information and findings here. Please list any issues regarding fitment, quality, and finish for the vehicle specific Volkswagen GTI 2.0L TSI MK-6 body style kit and...
  13. V

Be Easy... and don't over tighten, TRUST ME

So I took my 6 to a shop well known for good STi mods and so on, with a so called experienced mechanic, well the dumb ass couldn't figure out how to get the spindle out without getting angry and decided to try to drop the entire front suspension by removing the connecting rod / support that goes...
  14. V

UltraGauge Review for GTI's

I heard about this up and comming product, and I ordered one. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday this up comming week. I will post a review, and video of the device in action, and confirm all the features and availability for the 2011 GTI. Stay tunned...
  15. V

Mirror defroster question

How do you turn on the mirror defrosters on the gti's? im so used to american cars with the buttons, the mirror nob has a defrosting symbol on it, and the nob does turn 360, (or am I breaking the switch)? just want to be prepared for winter and was curious as we have had a few cold nights here...
  16. V

Washer fluid smell... :p

Anyone else think the factory washer fluid has a nice scent to it? I hit the windshield the other day, and it smelled nice.... ahh VW you win me over more and more each day!
  17. V

Dynaudio Pictures

Can someone post high quality pictures of the audio setup or pictures of the tweeters and dynaudio logos please, just curious. Are there logos on all the speakers?
  18. V

Glove Box Handle Help Please :)

I ordered that snazzy aluminum handle for the glove box, but I don't have a FRIGIN clue how to swap them out. Anyone do the swap yet, or have experience with the glove box assembly / disassembly process? I got the part cheap, $17.89 plus NY tax and figured it would match the door handles...
  19. V

Any issues with springs or drops, list it here please

I have heard issues reguarding the GTI and oil pans when lowering the vehicle with reguards to bottoming out. Of course I understand you have to watch the wheels, bumpers, and exhaust tips in and out of driveways and so on, but I'm looking to do the eibach pro kit, the basic lowering, using the...
  20. V

DEI Chill Charger & Radiator Relief Liquids

Design Engineering Inc., has two products, Chill Charger and Radiator Relief, both are liquid additives for the intercooler and radiator respectfully. I was curious if our GTI intercoolers are liquid based and if this liquid can be used, also I understand the radiator has liquid coolant, which...