GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

PaulMK6GTINYC

Ready to race!
My car was built 01/20/2010, will I be fine with the coding? I'm not going to buy them right away since I have a Stage II Carbonio intake, and H&R sport's sitting here in their boxes waiting to be installed... My wife would kill me if she found out I purchased these lights as well...lol! Anyway dudes, let me know if I need the coding or not!

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Hmm... are you guys installing them like this?

Orient Express

Ready to race!
It is an OEM solution so resistors are not needed and are probably pre-installed in the taillight housing from factory.

For these retrofit led lights, they are installed with the resistor pack as shown in the photo. The resistor will prevent the bulb out fault.

I have these lights installed, and simply tucked the resistor pack up inside the bumper cover.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Golf R LEDs installed....YAY

Bulb error code on...BOO

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Where did you order from? How much? :)

zee

Go Kart Champion
Where did you order from? How much? :)

I sourced mine with the harness from SteveP in the UK. Worked out to C$745. Although, we'll see if FedEx rapes me when I actually get them in my hands.

ZIPN_VW sourced his from an online seller in Germany for C$722. The Canadian is a little stronger than the Euro now so it could be a better deal.

Check the exchange rate in paypal first before you commit as that is where I got hosed.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
So I have mine sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. How do I NOT get the bulb error code? VagCom coding? Or is this the wiring thing that people have been talking about? I'm hearing so many different things. Someone should post a DIY.

You have to use VAG COM coding or buy the OBD box to disable the code. TMTuning sells the box.

I love these tails so much, totally change the look of the car. I dropped my GTI off at the dealer today for the rear wiper drip TSB and the staff were drooling over them (and my AG M310 wheels, thank you Ben at P2Spec).

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
You have to use VAG COM coding or buy the OBD box to disable the code. TMTuning sells the box.

I love these tails so much, totally change the look of the car. I dropped my GTI off at the dealer today for the rear wiper drip TSB and the staff were drooling over them (and my AG M310 wheels, thank you Ben at P2Spec).

VagCom and that's it? Good deal. Someone make a DIY!

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
damn! now i really can't wait for my tail lights! freakin back orders man! i ordered them on june 2nd and the ship date says july 12th! wtf! :cry: