GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
I know this is totally unrelated to LED tails, but I'm not digging the chrome accent strips. Too busy IMHO.

Orient Express

Ready to race!
Some have mixed emotions about the metal strips, but they are much more rugged than paint protection strips that can tear with heavy use.

oythovki

RHD Mod

Got my new tail lights installed. I have a right hand drive car but bought left hand lights, i.e. the fog and reverse are on the opposite side to where they would normally be found. took a bit of work, but lengthened the adapters so the harness on the left side of the car reaches the right side and vice versa. So now when i go into reverse, the reverse light comes on and not the fog light!!!

Attachments

• Photo-0003.jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 420

Ozram

Passed Driver's Ed
A Golf/GTI with rear foglights has only one reverse light as the second serves as a foglight. North American VWs do not come with rear foglights from the factory though.

Left hand drive have it on the right reverse light.
Right hand drive have it on the left reverse light.

Other way around mate. RHD cars have the rear fog on the right, and LHD have it on the left. That video was of Steve P's GTI that is RHD but has the wrong LED's fitted ie a LHD set.

Fitted mine yesterday from a VW dealer in Germany.

Just have to code with VCDS on Friday.

Last edited:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
^^^ All of the late 2009 onwards RCD510's that I have seen have the video in port, otherwise they can be used with the rear camera.

This is another think I can supply a retrofit kit for if people are interested.

How would you go about installing the rear camera? That thing is pretty neat.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
You need LED-to-regular adapters. They don't fit straight on. Get them at Kufatec or TM Tuning or on eBay.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Awesome lights, reminds me of the Audi A4 rear LEDs. How much are thise :p I've ordered an R-line (not R20) with the cherry red LEDs.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Kewl u keeping it like that :D LOL

oeguy, did you get part numbers? I see two part numbers in the system. Tinted and non-tinted. The ones pictured on tmtuning's website do not look right.

Non-Tinted
5K0 945 093 R
5K0 945 094 R
5K0 945 095 K
5K0 945 096 K

Tinted
5K0 945 093 P
5K0 945 094 P
5K0 945 095 L
5K0 945 096 L

Tinted version is below.
[/IMG]

Kewl u keeping it like that :D LOL

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I received my code box from TMTuning to clear the bulb out error. Took 1 minute and no more error light.....yay!