GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Does said code box work for EU spec mrk VI's?

And how does it work?

That i do not know. You can email TMTuning to ask info@tmtuning.com. They are very responsive and helpful.

You plug the box into your OBD port 40 seconds after turning the car to the "on" position. When the red LED turns off, you're set.

TDI110

O_o
That i do not know. You can email TMTuning to ask info@tmtuning.com. They are very responsive and helpful.

You plug the box into your OBD port 40 seconds after turning the car to the "on" position. When the red LED turns off, you're set.

Heh, probably should have thought about checking their site eh instead of asking the question. Oh well C'est la Vie; but thanks for the email, I'll shoot off a message asap. I'll be back in N/A in August so maybe I'll have them ship it to my parents address if it's compatible with EU spec.

Just that easy eh, thanks for the info again bro.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Hi guys, does anyone know if the rear tail LED lights can be programmed to flash??? There are some vids on youtube that show the rear LEDs flashing. I'm sure it's no optical illusion...right?

TDI110

O_o
It maybe the frequency of the LED bulbs, they don't flash when you look at them. But once you record it the camera picks up the refresh rate (can I use that term?). I am no IT dude, just a financial analyst :p

shahabdin

Ready to race!
It maybe the frequency of the LED bulbs, they don't flash when you look at them. But once you record it the camera picks up the refresh rate (can I use that term?). I am no IT dude, just a financial analyst :p

@TDI110 -Thanks for the reply buddy, spot on, yup we're talking different speeds to the fps. They would look wicked though if it were for real :p

Ozram

Passed Driver's Ed
I received my code box from TMTuning to clear the bulb out error. Took 1 minute and no more error light.....yay!

Daniel,
can you confirm that the blown globe warning light system on the dash still works? When you turn your ignition on the yellow globe symbol should be illuminated until you start the engine. Is it possible for you to disconnect a globe somewhere on your car and see if the system still works?

There has been a report that some Vagcom settings have shut the monitoring system down completely.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
@TDI110 -Thanks for the reply buddy, spot on, yup we're talking different speeds to the fps. They would look wicked though if it were for real :p

Kinda like the Bugatti Veyron with its flashing tails while in reverse?
So when you reverse after burning out at a drag strip the lights flash to show off.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Kinda like the Bugatti Veyron with its flashing tails while in reverse?

have you actually seen that in person? Or from a video? pretty sure it's just the same video camera effect. Doesn't make much sense to me to have the tail lights flashing while you reverse.

Ozram

Passed Driver's Ed
Ignore last post Daniel.

Just coded mine and globe blown system check is still functional.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
have you actually seen that in person? Or from a video? pretty sure it's just the same video camera effect. Doesn't make much sense to me to have the tail lights flashing while you reverse.

Not in person but I know they do that. You can buy kits for other cars that make the lights imitate the Veyron's (I saw a youtube vid of a guy with it on his G35 I think).

yojimbo_vw

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys, can you pls share the instructions and code to get rid of bulb out error/warning? planning on getting vagcom over next few weeks. thanks.