GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
yes please do all of that...pics pics pics...im ordering right now. i like everything im reading as far as reviews.
Here's the fuse I tapped for power to the gauge

There are two more switched power sources in the bay fuse box. It's the 10a I highlighted with purple and the 15a all the way up front I tapped for the aquamist. Drilled a notch on the side to run the wire out. You may want to use one of them for your meth instead of the headlight switch (there's also another switched 10a in the cabin).

For the pod you have to super glue it to the front so it sit's flush like so

and as you can see it pushes the face up and back just enough to give you perfect clearance without making it look ghetto

Last edited:

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
so all of those are ignition switch power supplies? I am not really worried about the meth or boost gauge cause the are only using power to light up the gauge not to operate it or anything. This AFR gauge is all in one so I am concerned so i'll do it like you have. Seems simple enough with the add fuse.

I dont feel great about super gluing tho. That will prob leave residue if i ever take it off, which I always seem to have to take stuff back apart to make adjustments or for whatever reason. So it for sure hits the steering wheel if i dont glue it?

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Can you take a pic of a normal view of the gauges? These are all a bit close and of the side. but thanks for showing me the clearance i can expect.

I tried a bunch of different ways and this was the only one that didn't hit the steering wheel. Maybe you can use a different type of glue if you're concerned with residue, I'm sure there's something out there. I really didn't want to either but it came out perfect and it's strong as hell so no regrets here. If you're careful the residue will only be on the inside so when you put the oem piece back on it'll cover it all up.

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
I tried a bunch of different ways and this was the only one that didn't hit the steering wheel. Maybe you can use a different type of glue if you're concerned with residue, I'm sure there's something out there. I really didn't want to either but it came out perfect and it's strong as hell so no regrets here. If you're careful the residue will only be on the inside so when you put the oem piece back on it'll cover it all up.

Wait, you pried the oem piece off the steering column? The NS column pod is a layover not a replacement. Looks good btw, i see you have some projects going on. Thats exactly the spots i have dedicated for my gauge. NS boost gauge on left and AFR on right....except i have Meth in the vent.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Wait, you pried the oem piece off the steering column? The NS column pod is a layover not a replacement. Looks good btw, i see you have some projects going on. Thats exactly the spots i have dedicated for my gauge. NS boost gauge on left and AFR on right....except i have Meth in the vent.
Yup, that was the only way I could do it without cutting anything. The gauge on the left is my old meth gauge, HFS-4 gauge sits there now so I guess we have the same layout lol. The LED is for the APR LPFP so I know it's working... don't trust that thing at all. Eboost2 sits where those wires are

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Yup, that was the only way I could do it without cutting anything. The gauge on the left is my old meth gauge, HFS-4 gauge sits there now so I guess we have the same layout lol. The LED is for the APR LPFP so I know it's working... don't trust that thing at all. Eboost2 sits where those wires are

Ha, guess so.

After yours any many others review of that thing...i decided against it and went with the oil pan as I mentioned buying above.

Guess i'll start looking up how to take the top of the steering coulmn off. I remember when I first got the single column pod years ago. I tried pulling it off and felt i almost broke it. Then I realized i wasnt suppose to take it off.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
I have too many f*****g options to choose from for kits! I should just stick with the CTS kit and not look anywhere else, but FFE isn't helping with their awesome in-house kits. I don't think an in-house kit is worth the extra $1000 though, not for the power levels I'm looking for.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I have too many f*****g options to choose from for kits! I should just stick with the CTS kit and not look anywhere else, but FFE isn't helping with their awesome in-house kits. I don't think an in-house kit is worth the extra $1000 though, not for the power levels I'm looking for.

Its worth it, 5858 band kit or gtx v-band kit. More power smoother. You can also bump up the boost later if you want more. Look at the progression here everyone starts low and buys more. 1000 is short money

Status
Not open for further replies.