GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U-20ts big turbo build/info thread

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Did a little clean up work to the 1st post and updated it.

Also, No more rear wiper Heidi got plugged and likes it.

Also installed new BKR9EIX plugs, here are the old BKR8EIX ones after 25k miles. They look good still!! Installing 9s for the future turning it up :D.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
What kind of cars do you play with and piss off with this car?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
transmission, drivetrain (drive shaft, axles, diff, rear suspension), trunk floor, and gas tank are the big ones i know of. also you'll need to modify your exhaust. and then of course someone has to do the wiring.

transmission, drivetrain (drive shaft, axles, diff, rear suspension), trunk floor, and gas tank are the big ones i know of. also you'll need to modify your exhaust. and then of course someone has to do the wiring.

It's not as hard as you think.. I know 3 people who have done it. Golf R to golf GTI is really straightforward just cost about $6,500 for all the hardware (china prices) then a lot of labor.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
What kind of cars do you play with and piss off with this car?

Basically most OEM cars on the road, mustang is nothing, FBO cars NP. Its fast 575whp is nothing to joke about.

So I think I'm going to beat you to it. Tell me again all whats needs for an AWD conversion?

It's not as hard as you think.. I know 3 people who have done it. Golf R to golf GTI is really straightforward just cost about $6,500 for all the hardware (china prices) then a lot of labor.

Yea basically all this and some programming too. Doable yes but not that cheap depending if you do the work yourself or pay someone.

I was strongly considering it as a winter project but my boiler may be leaking as of this morning which would kill those plans FAST. new boiler installed is 8-10k for would I would need /want. German engineering is expensive.

With the low prices of the Golf R in USA I'm sure you could find all the hardware under $5,000.. Labor is the killer in US as it takes 5 full days to complete it properly.. Oh and you are not DSG so even cheaper I guess.

Now after if want details such as not a stock golf R exhaust then you have to add more, same for racing haldex, S3 lighter aluminum, etc

Programming I suppose you mean software tuning..that's not an issue I have a friend who kepts his uni ECU and DSG tune after conversion and it works just fine.. 0-100 3.9 sec with gtx2867 91 aki but shity 1/4 mile

Yea basically all this and some programming too. Doable yes but not that cheap depending if you do the work yourself or pay someone.

I was strongly considering it as a winter project but my boiler may be leaking as of this morning which would kill those plans FAST. new boiler installed is 8-10k for would I would need /want. German engineering is expensive.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to get sponsored by someone to get it done. I feel like there is a 45% chance i can talk them into it. I had my suspicions confirmed yesterday. I have an internally blown head gasket. I have had it for awhile now. Gunna drop those new APR valve springs in there and throw a catch can on it while im at it...

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I'm trying to get sponsored by someone to get it done. I feel like there is a 45% chance i can talk them into it. I had my suspicions confirmed yesterday. I have an internally blown head gasket. I have had it for awhile now. Gunna drop those new APR valve springs in there and throw a catch can on it while im at it...

head gasket blown?

head gasket blown?

yup, been loosing coolant like crazy for awhile now. My plan was to tear into the engine after racing at Pocono regardless whether i blew it up or not. After pressure testing and what not its been confirmed. I'm hoping I was leaving ponies on the table and after I get it all back together I will be able to harness them.