GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U-20ts big turbo build/info thread

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
I was strongly considering it as a winter project but my boiler may be leaking as of this morning which would kill those plans FAST. new boiler installed is 8-10k for would I would need /want. German engineering is expensive.

Yeah there great boiler Budarus? Vissiman?

There are other quality less expensive Italian or Irish boiler (depending on load and layout ) on the market that will save you and still get the fuel saving.

This is what I do if you need a second opinion ( since your close ) and take a look at your present " leaking " boiler LMK I can help steer you in the right direction. Bob G

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Yeah there great boiler Budarus? Vissiman?

There are other quality less expensive Italian or Irish boiler (depending on load and layout ) on the market that will save you and still get the fuel saving.

This is what I do if you need a second opinion ( since your close ) and take a look at your present " leaking " boiler LMK I can help steer you in the right direction. Bob G

Looking at a Budarus 215/4 or 215/5. The 4 pass is 10k BTUs more than my current one but I am sure mine isn't true rated capacity anymore, old and in rough shape.

I did fix it tough. Thought it was an internal leak from the chambers cooling but was just over pressure and blow off. The air valve was stuck and the expansion had no air it making it just a wasted tank. If the air doesn't hold I'll replace the tank but so far its holding.

Wouldn't mind a second opinion on which boiler/BTUs to get though.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Looking at a Budarus 215/4 or 215/5. The 4 pass is 10k BTUs more than my current one but I am sure mine isn't true rated capacity anymore, old and in rough shape.

I did fix it tough. Thought it was an internal leak from the chambers cooling but was just over pressure and blow off. The air valve was stuck and the expansion had no air it making it just a wasted tank. If the air doesn't hold I'll replace the tank but so far its holding.

Wouldn't mind a second opinion on which boiler/BTUs to get though.

Chances are your old boiler is prob over sized thats what I find most of the time by atleast 40% . Remember a new effeicent unit no matter the brand will have more NET BTU .

Most normal size house 1800 sqft need only about 100K NET btu max in our area and depending how tight the house is you go lower.
This generally speaking , each house has its plus or minuses. LMK one day ill look at this for you and give you my opinion on things . Bob G

Mr.Mk6

I was just wondering seeing though as you have massive BBK's on your car, does the Enkei T6S fit over the Brakes without Spacers?

The reason why i asked is because i have Porsche boxster non S calipers with 312mm rotors and i'm curious to find out if fit over my brakes. I dont like running spacers on my car duel to road safety in Australia (Spacers) are banned!

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I was just wondering seeing though as you have massive BBK's on your car, does the Enkei T6S fit over the Brakes without Spacers?

The reason why i asked is because i have Porsche boxster non S calipers with 312mm rotors and i'm curious to find out if fit over my brakes. I dont like running spacers on my car duel to road safety in Australia (Spacers) are banned!

T6s has alot of clearance, I do run outside of normal specs though so i do not know if the standard one will work on those brakes. I know mine will but dint know on the 8" wide wheels.

Mine are 18x8.5et42 and they clear the cayenne massive brakes but the will be very wide if you dont pull fenders

Mr.Mk6

T6s has alot of clearance, I do run outside of normal specs though so i do not know if the standard one will work on those brakes. I know mine will but dint know on the 8" wide wheels.

Mine are 18x8.5et42 and they clear the cayenne massive brakes but the will be very wide if you dont pull fenders

I ordered 18x8.5et42 ETA in a week time, my car is on stock height at the moment but i'm planning to get the car lowered by Springs & Coils..
How much poke from the guards & with stock heights do they rub on hard cornering? Also after getting the car lowered would fender screw mods work ? I dont want to look stupid with massive poke lols

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I ordered 18x8.5et42 ETA in a week time, my car is on stock height at the moment but i'm planning to get the car lowered by Springs & Coils..
How much poke from the guards & with stock heights do they rub on hard cornering? Also after getting the car lowered would fender screw mods work ? I dont want to look stupid with massive poke lols

et42 all around will poke just look at setups on here, only way you are going to get away with not pulling fenders is 225 max width on the tires.

Mr.Mk6

thanks heaps for replaying to my dumb question...
On a serious note your car inspired me to MOD my CW GTI, everything you have done to the car is spot on and 10/10 mate .. WELL DONE!

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Who does your meth setup, just a little wiring left...

kern417

Go Kart Champion
It's simple to make. use an L silicone connector at the turbo and weld up the intake to meet an oem maf. you just need a bung or somewhere for the pcv gases to go.